Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 1:42:28 PM EDT
So this is going to be a bit of a strange question but I couldn't find the information anywhere else so I am looking here. I am going to be involved in some film making and one of my rolls is going to be supplying some props (glocks) for the film. I would very much like to render the guns inoperable prior to bringing them on set. Can anyone think of a good way of doing this?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
buy a prop gun.

first decent hit on google
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Remove the striker? Or if you need the gun fully functioning (but not firing) buy an aftermarket striker and file off the point so it will not hit a primer.

Not the safest thing in the world, I would just recommend actual prop guns or airsoft.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
buy a prop gun.

View Quote

This or airsoft.  

But if using your own guns then remove the striker.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
buy a prop gun.

View Quote

Yeah, using the real ones makes me very uncomforatable. Likely going to go this directiong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
As it should. Please,  just get a prop gun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Prop gun, plug the barrel, remove striker, etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a few of mine for the same reason....What I did....Made SURE no ammo was available, & then removed the follower & spring from the mag.  I also made SURE I was in possession of the guns at ALL times when not used as a prop & inspected to be empty prior to handing it over to the person that needed it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Just stick one of those solid plastic training barrels in it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Using real guns is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, using the real ones makes me very uncomforatable. Likely going to go this directiong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
buy a prop gun.

I saw a thread on here just recently where a guy got arrested for having disabled "real" guns on set for a video because he didn't have the proper permits.  IMO, going the prop gun route is definitely the way to go.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
think about Brandon Lee, be very careful and remember that there is zero room for oversights or errors. I too, would recommend airsoft.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
buy a prop gun.

View Quote

I agree.  prop gun, airsoft, blue/red gun and paint it black.  Not sure I would use the real deal.  Safety   You never know!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Not to sound like a jerk, but if you're on here asking question like this then you really should not be the one in charge of providing firearms for a movie.  There are companies that do this full time for a living.  They permanently modify the firearms to be inoperable and I'm sure have a large amount of insurance as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just stick one of those solid plastic training barrels in it.
View Quote

Came here to post this.

Belt and suspenders would be training barrel and pull the striker.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:06:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Get a welder to tack weld a "plug" in the barrel from the chamber.  You'll never use the barrel again, but it sure won't allow a bullet in the chamber.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Blade tech barrel and Rit dye.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Get a welder to tack weld a "plug" in the barrel from the chamber.  You'll never use the barrel again, but it sure won't allow a bullet in the chamber.
View Quote

Needlessly expensive compared to a plastic training barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top