Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 1:03:09 PM EDT
Bought a G37 recently, and I want to use it in IDPA at least once.

I can't find anyone making cheap kydex pancakes for it, but G20/21 and G17/22 ones are plentiful.

Should I buy a G20 one, or buy a G17 one and heat it up and stretch it?

This style holster --
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I can't find anyone making cheap kydex pancakes for it, but G20/21 and G17/22 ones are plentiful.

This style holster --
http://www.armedlutheran.us/wp-content/uploads/sasreview_03.jpg
View Quote

How long did you search the web ?
A google search got me this place as the 1st hit.....of many more.

http://www.craftholsters.com/glock-37-kydex-holsters

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This style holster --

I guess I should rephrase it -- I plan to buy the same style holster from the same company that made my G17 and G34 holsters, but they do not offer one for a G37 (but they do have G20/21 sized ones)
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I guess I should rephrase it -- I plan to buy the same style holster from the same company that made my G17 and G34 holsters, but they do not offer one for a G37 (but they do have G20/21 sized ones)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This style holster --

If you want even a slightest chance of it fitting you would need to choose the 20/21 slide.  The lock up with not be great, and no guarantee it will work most likely it will be loose.  If you want a holster for a G37 get a holster for a G37 unless you are ok with a sub-par fit.  You may be able to buy a G20-21 slide holster and use a heat gut to fit it better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you want even a slightest chance of it fitting you would need to choose the 20/21 slide.  The lock up with not be great, and no guarantee it will work most likely it will be loose.  If you want a holster for a G37 get a holster for a G37 unless you are ok with a sub-par fit.  You may be able to buy a G20-21 slide holster and use a heat gut to fit it better.
View Quote

I assumed I'd have to do that, I just wasn't sure what peoples' experience was, because I've seen threads saying that a) G17 holsters work fine without mods, b) G20 holsters work fine without mods, c) G17 holsters work fine with some heat, so I wasn't sure what to believe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I assumed I'd have to do that, I just wasn't sure what peoples' experience was, because I've seen threads saying that a) G17 holsters work fine without mods, b) G20 holsters work fine without mods, c) G17 holsters work fine with some heat, so I wasn't sure what to believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had hit or miss with mine.  Some worked no issue, some did not fit, or would fit with some fitting, some the slide would spread the holster to much not allowing lock up on the trigger guard.  Then some holsters would not hold the slide correctly because of the rounded nose of the G37 vs the block nose of the G20\21.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have had hit or miss with mine.  Some worked no issue, some did not fit, or would fit with some fitting, some the slide would spread the holster to much not allowing lock up on the trigger guard.  Then some holsters would not hold the slide correctly because of the rounded nose of the G37 vs the block nose of the G20\21.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poop

Maybe I'll just suck it up and pay a bit extra for one made from a G37 mold.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Poop

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poop

G37 was the red headed bastard step child of the Glock family.  Some things I liked like the rounded muzzle end of the slide, extended slide stop stock, G17 frame.  Some things they could have engineered better G30s slide width would have been nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top