Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 11:56:51 PM EDT
So I went to the range last Monday night with my G32 and I had a fail to feed with it. This is my carry gun. So it has me a little concerned.  The slide pushed the round into the front of the mag.

Always before, when unloading the mags by hand, the rounds would nose dive.. And I would have to hit the magazine in my palm to straighten the rounds back up so I could continue unloading them. After examining the malfunction Monday, it looked like this is what happened.  I knew there was an issue with them nose diving while unloading, but it never caused a problem when shooting the gun.

I have already installed wolf extra power springs back last summer. It didn't help much. I'm wondering if I use a dremel cut off wheel on the front to cut off that lip if that would help?

These are all Gen 4 357 mags. No 40sw mags. All factory Glock mags made in Austria. And they all have the #3 follower.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Put the glock springs back in the mags and quit messing with stuff! 99% of problems with my Glock threads start with things that have been modified.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Try reading the thread again.  I was having problems with the OEM springs too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you post a pic of the malfunction?  

Are these G31/22 mags or G32/G23 length?  Are you by chance cramming more rounds in the mag than it is supposed to hold some of my mags I was able to cram an extra 357Sig round in over the standard 13 which would cause a feed issue?  What kind of mileage do you have on your RSA?  Have you tried different ammo?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Never done this on my phone.  Not sure if it will work.  

This is the best picture I could get of a full magazine.  It just doesn't look right.  I just got off the phone with Glock and they want me to send the gun and mags in.  Turn around time is a month.

These are 32 mags.  And I'm loading them to specs.  I've tried different ammo withsame result.

I've put less than 1k through the gun.  Some of the mags I bought less than a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I will look at mine when I get home for comparison.

Does it do it no matter how many rounds are in the mag?  Do you have a 40SW mag to try by chance?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]

I don't have any 40 mags to try.  I have 27 mags laying around that I could try swapping out followers.  But I think its a magazine body or spring issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top