Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2015 7:24:34 PM EDT
Neighbors G43 at the range today would not drop the mag free.  Anyone else experience this problem I think since it is so new maybe some polymer flashing might be making it tight.  

I verified his finger was not dragging, mag release was fully depressed, slide back and did it to me as well to rule out shooter.

What exactly would happen is the mag would release move a millimeter down and stop, from that point it was required to strip.  Both mags with and without ext.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone had the issue?  I cannot seem to figure out what is causing it ...... no excessive plastic.... Pulled mag release it looks normal.  I told him to call Glock maybe replace release and spring.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No clue about that. With the mag release removed would the mags still not drop? Out of spec frame would seem like the only other possibility? Assuming that nothing else is obstructing the mag the only thing left would be the frame itself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly did not think about trying the mag while the release was out.  I was honestly just looking for plastic flashing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I know mine will hang up if im ever so slightly touching the mag or not fully depressing the mag release. Using vickers mag release
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine hangs up as well.  Seems to need the button fully depressed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine doesn't  hang up but the mag release is very stiff and positive. I like that in a deep cover pocket gun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you guys aware that Glock has released a new version of the G43 mag?
The original mag part # is 33388, the new part # is 33388 over 01. Check the back of your mags for the #.
They are currently replacing mags at no cost along with a pre-paid FedEx return shipping label for your mags.
I just had four replaced. It took six days from the time I called Glock.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't yet own a G43, but the two that came into the shop, that I've fingerbanged, both had magazines that dropped free. However, on one of them, the magazine did seem to hesitate to drop free. They definitely didn't drop anywhere near the same as my double stack Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info I have relayed it to my neighbor hopefully he calls Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top