Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 9:07:19 PM EDT
I just bought my first handgun, a Glock 22.  I don't really know much at all about guns but I am fascinated by them and am trying to learn as much as possible about all types of firearms.  My specific question now is what barrel should I get to improve the accuracy and what other upgrades can be made to improve performance but keep the gun reliable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is your first handgun, you should not do anything to improve the accuracy of the Glock.  Glocks already come in the box more accurate than many can shoot.  The barrel in the Glock has polygonal rifling rather than groves which allows for a tighter seal with the bullet and higher velocity.  Most aftermarket barrels are groved.  There are however numerous trinkets and other things made for the Glock to improve ergonomics, slide releases, and clip releases.  The only thing that I would suggest is that you buy a Glock .357 Sig barrel and shoot the .357 Sig round.  In your Glock it has the same power as a .357 Magnum!  The .40 S&W is rather short and wimpy.  All you need is the barrel, your clips .40 clips will work with the Sig ammo.  

Check out www.glockmeister.com
I don't think that they sell origional Glock barrels, but that site will give you lots of info.

Just keep shooting and glad to have another member of the Glock family around.  

BTW, I shoot a G19, G33, G20.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have TRUDOT sites on my Glock 19.  I don't think they are as brite as Trijicon, but oh well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just bought my first handgun, a Glock 22.  I don't really know much at all about guns but I am fascinated by them and am trying to learn as much as possible about all types of firearms.  My specific question now is what barrel should I get to improve the accuracy and what other upgrades can be made to improve performance but keep the gun reliable.

I would not make any changes to it, even the sights, until you have become accustomed to what you have got.  Learn to use a standard Glock and then after a dozen or so trips to the range and a couple of cases of ammo, you can decide if you want to make some changes.  If the gun is a CCW (concealed carry weapon) then you will eventually want to add night sights (Mepro makes good sights).    But I'd just keep it stock for the time being.

-SS
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the info from everyone. Thank You!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top