Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 10:50:48 AM EDT
Hey guys I just got a new Glock 19 a few weeks ago and I'm looking for some holster options. For longer all day carries I think I'm going to get the SHTF ACE-1 Gen 2 holster. However, what holster do you guys like for quick store runs say to Walgreens or somewhere you don't want to fiddle around with a full size IWB holster?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what you mean by "fiddle about." I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD45; it takes about 20 seconds to put on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
This One.

If you prefer AIWB carry as opposed to strong side hip, maybe this one.

I have one of the Cooks Adjustables for a P-9 and have been very pleased with it.

Both holsters shown are incredibly quick to put on and take off, retain well and are nice and compact.
As an added bonus, because of the small size they're good for putting into a bag or the like while fully protecting the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Like the guy above me said, I've never minded tossing my Galco King Tuk on quickly to run to the store or wherever. 20 seconds tops.

If you need something super quick, get a Safariland GLS paddle holster. Cheap, easy on, easy off, and you can just throw on a light jacket this time of year and hide it. If you need something 'easier' than a IWB in the summer you're pretty much looking at a smaller gun and a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like the guy above me said, I've never minded tossing my Galco King Tuk on quickly to run to the store or wherever. 20 seconds tops.

If you need something super quick, get a Safariland GLS paddle holster. Cheap, easy on, easy off, and you can just throw on a light jacket this time of year and hide it. If you need something 'easier' than a IWB in the summer you're pretty much looking at a smaller gun and a pocket holster.
View Quote

+1 for Safariland GLS or ALS paddle holsters.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Blade-Tech partial eclipse. Probably the most versatile OWB holster I own since it routinely holds either a Glock 22 or Glock 27. Conceals really nice too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know what you mean by "fiddle about." I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD45; it takes about 20 seconds to put on.

View Quote

What I was more referring to was maybe a single clip holster, something easy on/easy off. Not saying it takes super long to put on a supertuck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the recommendations guys, thats exactly what I was referring to. I've heard of people liking appendix carry I just don't know if I would ever be able to have the gun pointed in that certain direction lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of the Comp-Tac paddle holsters.  Easy on and off and hold the gun tight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#9]
fobus paddle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The other option, which is what I do: Holster up in the morning when I get dressed, and wear it all day.  Holster comes off at night as I get undressed for bed.  So I never have to think about it when I need to make a quick run to the store, it's already where it belongs......
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Crossbreed.

That's it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Harwell ProTuck (crossbreed style).

I have one for my CM9 and my Glock 19.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This One.

If you prefer AIWB carry as opposed to strong side hip, maybe this one.

I have one of the Cooks Adjustables for a P-9 and have been very pleased with it.

Both holsters shown are incredibly quick to put on and take off, retain well and are nice and compact.
As an added bonus, because of the small size they're good for putting into a bag or the like while fully protecting the trigger.
View Quote

The First one recommended or MIC Holster from Glock Tech

MIC Holster
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
DeSantis Soft Tuck 2.  I have tried Alien Gear and a few others for IWB carry and keep going back to the Soft Tuck 2.  And, it only costs about $25.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Fobus paddle, crossbreeds are a PAIN  to put on and take a LONG time to get in the correct position. They are highly over-rated and not worth the time to try to put on. My opinion, YMMV....<><....:)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Fist Holsters 1-K is the best I've found for G26 G42 etc...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
fobus paddle.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fobus paddle, crossbreeds are a PAIN  to put on and take a LONG time to get in the correct position. They are highly over-rated and not worth the time to try to put on. My opinion, YMMV....<><....:)
View Quote

Hmmm. Not my experience at all.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#19]
PJ holster iwb with clip
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#20]
You might want to consider Raven's Vanguard 2.  It's a minimalist holster and is pretty easy to take on and off.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fobus paddle.

Agree
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ultimate in "quick 'holstering' " is the Clip Draw

Most don't like it, it doesn't cover the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I can see the allure of paddle holsters and minimalist holsters for convenience, however I was in the same mindset when I piurchased this bianchi:

I didnt want a thumb break because I thought it would be too busy. This one pictured is the perfect mix of style, comfort, and concealability for me. ITs a sinch to put on, all you do is slip it onto the belt.

NIMOY
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never had that issue either.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#25]

My reply---"the emperor has no clothes"....<><....;)
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, I can't carry at work, a few other places I frequent, so I take my CB on and off quite often.  No problem getting it on or off and in the right position.  Maybe while driving, but that's about it.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Pick a holster and use it.  Changing holsters is a recipe for a screwed up draw.  

FYI Fobus is junk.  Don't bet your life on junk.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]

My current favorite is Cooks adjustable IWB. Before the Cook's holster I preferred Comptac MTac holsters, which I still use but less often.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

My current favorite is Cooks adjustable IWB. Before the Cook's holster I preferred Comptac MTac holsters, which I still use but less often.
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pick a holster and use it.  Changing holsters is a recipe for a screwed up draw.  

View Quote

How so? What is your experience?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holster snobs hate Fobus even more than Serpa.  I wouldnt use a Fobus for OC. Or even as a primary holster. But for the specific scenario of quick on and quick off for a short trip, its great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Remora for snatch and run.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Do any of the leather IWB have tension adjustments?   Leather has a tendency to stretch and not retain the firearm as secure as it was when new?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:33:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey guys I just got a new Glock 19 a few weeks ago and I'm looking for some holster options. For longer all day carries I think I'm going to get the SHTF ACE-1 Gen 2 holster. However, what holster do you guys like for quick store runs say to Walgreens or somewhere you don't want to fiddle around with a full size IWB holster?
View Quote

IWB or OWB? With a belt or without a belt?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]
+1 on the Raven VG2.  I love mine and its the only holster I use for my RMR'd G17.  Conceals perfectly with just a loose t-shirt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen a lot of Fobus paddle holsters come out of the pants still attached to the gun during the draw. One poor guy had trained himself to flick his wrist during the draw just to get the Fobus to at least fly off the gun before fully presenting it to toward the target.

Comp-Tac is the only paddle holster I've found that is worth a damn. It's my choice for quick on/off if I'm wearing a jacket since it sticks out a little far from the body. The Blade-Tech Nano is a good IWB option if you prefer snap loops, and the Comp-Tac Infidel is super quick with its single belt clip.

FWIW, long ago I bought a J-frame expressly for quick trips to the convenience store down the street until I realized that convenience stores are the most robbed businesses and one of the most likely places I would need my CCW. I would much rather be carrying my usual G19 when that happens, so I decided to treat quick trips out just like any other time and carry my G19 in its usual holster.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've seen a lot of Fobus paddle holsters come out of the pants still attached to the gun during the draw. One poor guy had trained himself to flick his wrist during the draw just to get the Fobus to at least fly off the gun before fully presenting it to toward the target.

Comp-Tac is the only paddle holster I've found that is worth a damn. It's my choice for quick on/off if I'm wearing a jacket since it sticks out a little far from the body. The Blade-Tech Nano is a good IWB option if you prefer snap loops, and the Comp-Tac Infidel is super quick with its single belt clip.

FWIW, long ago I bought a J-frame expressly for quick trips to the convenience store down the street until I realized that convenience stores are the most robbed businesses and one of the most likely places I would need my CCW. I would much rather be carrying my usual G19 when that happens, so I decided to treat quick trips out just like any other time and carry my G19 in its usual holster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could possibly see that happening without a belt . But I have not personally experienced it while wearing a belt. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Ive used a fobus paddle holster for over 10-years. its never come out of my pants when drawing the gun. but i wear a good 5 stitch wilderness belt.

Unlce mikes and blade tech paddle holsters on the other hand suck IME
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I wore the G-Code INCOG midline carry for 18 months with Glock 26 or 19. I just replaced for daily carry with the new INCOG Eclipse. Even easier to get on and off. My original INCOG has the "tactical fuzz" worn a bit in places but it is still functions perfectly. I added the Mag Caddy to it so that it serves a little different purpose than the new INCOG Eclipse. I couldn't be happier with it. It worse with or without a belt, though I pretty much always wear it with one.

I have several of the Vanguard 2s. I have used them before and still occasionally do.

I have a Crossbred Supertuck, I haven't used it since I moved from 4-5 o'clock carry to 12 o'clock carry.

Link to the INCOG Eclipse

Link to the original INCOG

Pic of my original INCOG with my Glock 19

Pic of new INCOG Eclipse

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought a Sticky Holster for the waiting period while my Alien Gear is being built. I've worn it a lot and am very happy with it. Even threw it in my shorts after leaving the gym to go to the store and it stayed put.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Comp-Tac paddle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dropped fobus after an IDPA match where it refused to let go of my Berretta. After 3 hard pulls the gun and holster where pointed down range making the RSO bug eyed as I swatted the damn thing off my gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Remora.  Use a good gun belt and its literally strap and go.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of the Comp-Tac paddle holsters.  Easy on and off and hold the gun tight.
View Quote

This.  I've had very good experience with the Comp-Tac paddle holsters.

-bob
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Comp Tac...either the Infidel for IWB or Paddle for OWB.  If you're planning to use the paddle, be prepared to put a jacket or something over it.  No way you're hiding it with a T shirt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Comp Tac...either the Infidel for IWB or Paddle for OWB.  If you're planning to use the paddle, be prepared to put a jacket or something over it.  No way you're hiding it with a T shirt.
View Quote

Maybe my teeshirts are cut longer than yours.

90% of the time my carry is G19 OWB with a single teeshirt/buttondown over it.  No problem.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

90% of the time my carry is G19 OWB with a single teeshirt/buttondown over it.  No problem.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried to carry my M&P that way, but it looks like I have a brick hanging off my belt.  I can carry OWB in a Raven Phantom fine, but the paddle holster has never worked for me concealed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I normally carry a G19 OWB in a Raven under a t-shirt without a problem, but the Comp-Tac paddle puts the gun much further away from the body.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top