Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2015 10:18:50 AM EDT
There are no local gunsmiths that I would trush installing night sights on my Glock 19.  I've seen some of the local "bubba jobs" that have come out of the the kitchten table gunsmiths around me.  With that being said, where do you guys reccomend I send my Glock 19 slide to have night sights installed?  I've sent the frame off to have some work done so it seems like the perfect time.  Thanks for any input!

- Punisher
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Send it to Glock,$57.00
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send it to Glock,$57.00
View Quote

Do you know what the turn around time is.  Do you buy the sights from them of send them with the slide?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you know what the turn around time is.  Do you buy the sights from them of send them with the slide?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Send it to Glock,$57.00

Print the form from their website and send the slide in. They install and supply the sights for $57 which includes return shipping. It is only glock factory night sights. Installing sights is not difficult. Turn around time is two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send it to Glock,$57.00

I mailed them my G23 slide on a Monday and got it back the following Saturday. This was back in October of last year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Print the form from their website and send the slide in. They install and supply the sights for $57 which includes return shipping. It is only glock factory night sights. Installing sights is not difficult. Turn around time is two weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send it to Glock,$57.00

Oh ok, I'm wanting to go with Trijicon HD's.  I dont have a sight pusher and I dont want my slide marred up from trying to do a bubba job.  I would rather pay someone to do it right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Do it yourself and take your time. Most night sights are very tough, youll likely not destroy them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
IF your schedule permits, visit the Glock factory and have them put in while you wait. If you call in advance you might get a cool tour that you will remember. Most Armorers at GSSF matches are very good at this too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send it to Glock,$57.00

That price includes the sights and return shipping.  it only took me a week or so when I sent in two slides.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a file kit from your local hardware store and do it your self.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Ebay sight pusher

I bought one of these and have used it 5-6 times so it has paid for itself. If you are at all mechanically inclined, it is a piece of cake. I degrease the slide after removing factory sight and put a dab of Red Loctite before installing the new rear sight.

For the front sight it is just a screw and I find this tool works better that any of the other two Glock front sight tools I've had previously:

Wiha 26547

If you use that tool you just have to get the screw started by hand since it is not a shallow socket like the Glock tool. I also use Red Loctite of the threads.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send it to Glock,$57.00

Yep, I do this for every glock i buy. It couldn't be a more painless process. There is no need to even contact them. Just fill out the PDF and mail it with your slide. I have always gotten my slides back within two weeks. Can't beat that for a grand total of $57.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I am no gunsmith, but i do tinker alot and this by far has been one of my best investments.

http://www.sightpusher.com/

I have changed out sights on many Glocks and 1911's with no problem at all. I added a 3/4 gearwrench and the process goes alot easier too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep, I do this for every glock i buy. It couldn't be a more painless process. There is no need to even contact them. Just fill out the PDF and mail it with your slide. I have always gotten my slides back within two weeks. Can't beat that for a grand total of $57.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send it to Glock,$57.00

Where is this found on their website?  I'm trying to find it and can't.  I've looked under store, prodcuts, etc.

ETA:  Found it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
http://us.glock.com/customer-service/downloadable-materials

Phone:770-432-1202

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh ok, I'm wanting to go with Trijicon HD's.  I dont have a sight pusher and I dont want my slide marred up from trying to do a bubba job.  I would rather pay someone to do it right.
View Quote

Glock does not install Trijicon HDs. They install their own factory night sights.

Don't waste your money on the sight pushers recommended by above posters.  I have one of those.  It's junk.
Wiha front sight tool does not fit well. The socket itself is wide and too tall to fit vertically over the screw in the cavity of the slide.
It grips the thin head hex screw at an angle, and it's easy to round off the head of screw.

I already hacked up my HDs and original Glock sight pusher itself trying to install the sights.
It's not designed to push Trijicon HDs or similar off-set sights.

Trijicon customer service recommended MGW tool.  I don't know whether this tool is good for HDs, but I will give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#16]
My experience is similar. I have sent slides to Glock for there night sights at $57 . Also just got my pawn shop rescued 2nd Glock 17 back in 6 days. Put all new internals,2 new mags, they put it in a Glock box for me. The 17 had a plastic front sight a a accu tech rear sight. Since the 17 Is more range than carry he asked me if I would mind a set of steel Glock sights put on for $20 . I said of course. Glock customer service is the best...You might want to check LEO dealers they have the meprolight sight tools to install a set as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Brass punch + front sight tool + blue Loctite.  Watch some youtube videos.  it's not hard.

Saves you $50 bucks every time you want to change sights.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Brass punch + front sight tool + blue Loctite.  Watch some youtube videos.  it's not hard.

View Quote

This, but I prefer a Delrin punch and red Locktite on the front. No reason to send it out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Do it yourself- it literally takes about 5 minutes or less

And a wooden dowel works better than the brass punch and easier to come by
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
The thing about sending your slide to Glock to have them install night sights, is that the $57 includes the sights themselves, installation onto your slide, and return shipping.

I think you would be hard pressed to buy just the night sights themselves for $57 on the interwebz anywhere.

Of course if you want sights other than Glock (mepro) night sights, it does make sense to buy the tools to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#21]
If you're not going with Glock, get an MGW sight pusher.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/sight-adjusting-tools/glock-sight-mover-sku584045017-8846-21912.aspx?sku=584-045-017

It's nice to have the correct tool to do the job.  If you need to tweek the sight slightly when test firing, you can. Buy another Glock?  You're all set.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I recommend you buying a sight tool set and don't yourself. This will give you the ability to try different sights whenever you want. I really like the glockmeister set. Decent price and well worth it. Check out the link below.

http://looserounds.com/2012/11/27/installing-sights-on-glock/
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
MGW sight tool is worth the money to not have to worry about breaking open tritium vials.

The knuckle dragger install method with a hammer and brass punch is fine for plain steel sights, I would not do it with tritium sights period.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Aren't there two versions of the MGW? Like a straight sided rear and a round rear? Any advice on which one offers the broadest range of aftermarket options?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought a Big Dot for my G42.  They have an installation video on Youtube to watch, and the sights come with front site tool, plastic punch, and red locktite.  Was incredibly easy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#26]
A brass punch and filed hex nut is all that's needed. A file would be advisable as well if they're a little tight. Takes all of 5 minutes if you don't have to file.  I wouldn't pay anyone to install sights on a glock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#27]
If your local law enforcement uses the Glock see if their Glock Armorer will do it.  It is easier if you have a friend in LEO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:02:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I just jump on 285 and bring it to them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top