Posted: 3/10/2005 11:06:42 AM EDT
What say you?  Yea or nay?

coburn
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I see nothing wrong with it so long as you are comfortable with it
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, they have greatly improved my accuracy with my Glocks - but YMMV, of course.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, then I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

coburn
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I use one from Glock Works. I like it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I use 'em on my Glocks, including my daily carry G26.  Also have the G26 equipped with the Lonewolf Distributors trigger housing with adjustable trigger stop.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It's your call. But with the stress you'll be under in a self defense situation, I think a light trigger would be the last thing I'd want. Fine motor skills go out the window and I think I would want a little extra resistance before that shot breaks. Thats my two cents.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I am with the last couple posts on this topic.  For their reasons and for the reason that a modified gun doesnt look good infront of a jury if you are charged with a crime in your self-defense.  IMO

Rose Mech
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
3.5# connector makes it really easy to shoot off rounds.  I would recommend it to pistol matches, but not on a carry piece.  Just polish the internals.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
3.5# connector makes it really easy to shoot off rounds.

That's the idea.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Some Glocks,  G35 for example, come standard with a 3.5 connector.  and since adding one only means swapping out factory parts, I don't see how it would look bad in court.

Also, one of the reasons that Glocks are so rugged, is their rather loose tollerances on some parts and fits.  This can couse trigger pulls any where from 3 to 8 Lbs.  My G35 had to have a new Firering pin spring to actually achieve the 3.5.  A good Glocksmith can check this out and fix it in less than 5 minutes.

As for your carry weapon, it's totaly up to you and your own comfort level.  If you can, find some one who has one you could try,

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Although I choose to use 3.5# connectors in my Glocks, I'm aware that, should I be involved in an accidental shooting, my choice probably would be used against me in a civil case.  If I'm involved in a justifiable shooting, considering that I'm in GA, I don't think the fact that I'm using a modified pistol would come into play.  

When I'm making decisions that involve potential legal problems, I take my Ol' Daddy's advice and seek the advice of competent lawyers, rather than advice from gunrag writers, etc.  I've discussed this very situation with several lawyers, including a friend of mine who is a Superior Court Judge who practiced criminal defense law for several decades, prior to his becoming a judge.  I guess the fact that the judge asked me to install a 3.5# connector in his carry piece and that I polish all the metal-to-metal surfaces of the firing mechanism pretty much reflects the judge's opinion on this subject.

One little piece of advice that just makes sense to me would be that, in the event one is involved in a self-defense shooting, if you say anything at all to the investigating officer(s), don't tell them that you accidentally shot the perp.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have tried the NY 1 trigger, the 3.5 connector and the 3.5 connector and 8lb spring combo and about every other possible combo.

I like the standard 5.5 system exactly as it comes from the factory but I polish every part of the trigger group on a buffing wheel.

This gives me a good trigger without much creep at about 4 lbs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the input.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#15]
My 26/30 are both set up with 3,5's
These are my  my daily carry guns,quite a difference after polishing,etc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am with the last couple posts on this topic.  For their reasons and for the reason that a modified gun doesnt look good infront of a jury if you are charged with a crime in your self-defense.  IMO

Rose Mech

As far as criminal charges go, that's simply not true.  Accidentally shooting the bad guy because you were under stress and popped off a round, however
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rose Mech

As far as criminal charges go, that's simply not true.  Accidentally shooting the bad guy because you were under stress and popped off a round, however

Or, if you happen to accidentally shoot a good guy, the modification might cost you in civil court.  I'll stick with the 3.5# connectors and take my chances.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Nothing wrong with a 3.5# connector on your carry gun.  Why not?

Why should we try to make our carry pistols "more safe" or "less deadly" or "more difficult to use" or "something that the media/general sheep populace would consider safer" (stupid media terms)?  I'm not carrying my pistol to please safety nazis.  I'm not carrying my pistol so that it's tougher for me to use.  I'm not carrying my pistol so that others can feel it's a "safer" pistol.  

I'm carrying my pistol to save my ass and my family's ass if it's needed.  I should therefore make it as easy to operate, as accurate, and as reliable as I possibly can.  

So yep.  There's a 3.5# connector in my G19.  Shoots like a dream
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nothing wrong with a 3.5# connector on your carry gun.  Why not?

Why should we try to make our carry pistols "more safe" or "less deadly" or "more difficult to use" or "something that the media/general sheep populace would consider safer" (stupid media terms)?  I'm not carrying my pistol to please safety nazis.  I'm not carrying my pistol so that it's tougher for me to use.  I'm not carrying my pistol so that others can feel it's a "safer" pistol.  

I'm carrying my pistol to save my ass and my family's ass if it's needed.  I should therefore make it as easy to operate, as accurate, and as reliable as I possibly can.  

So yep.  There's a 3.5# connector in my G19.  Shoots like a dream hr

I see the wisdom in your words.  I'm ordering mine this week.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#22]
it's better to judged by 12 than carried by six....

J
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
it's better to judged by 12 than carried by six....

J

Those of us fortunate enough to live in Southron States probably won't have to deal with either.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
all of mine have the ghost 3.5#
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top