Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2014 5:40:40 AM EDT
Greeting,  

I was wondering if my Glocks are preset to an optima distance from the factory for example:

G34 = 25/30 ft

G17 =10/20 ft

G19 = 7/15 ft

I realize  many you of will have easily hit much better on your own,  I was wondering  any of you can share your thoughts on this .

Thanks,

PK
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no preset I think you are suggested they are zeroed for a given range or distance. A big NO.
They slap them together shoot two shots and get sent out the door with no regard for any sort of zero. Very very few gun companies do shooting for sight zero. And any glock within specs will shoot a four inch or smaller group at 25 yards if the shooter applies the fundamentals properly. At times sights may need a tap left or right to center the group.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
different models have different height rear sights to account for various calibers and barrel lengths

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Greeting,  

I was wondering if my Glocks are preset to an optima distance from the factory for example:

G34 = 25/30 ft

G17 =10/20 ft

G19 = 7/15 ft

I realize  many you of will have easily hit much better on your own,  I was wondering  any of you can share your thoughts on this .

Thanks,

PK
View Quote

It's "Optimal", and no, it doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the grammatical correction!.

Could kindly explain how does indeed work?

PK
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no optimal distance.

There is only effective range, and ineffective range.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, I am getting that you might not have a lot of experience on this.  A 9mm will kill you graveyard dead at 50 yards with ease.  It happens to be what I shoot, exclusively in fact.  That said, I shoot my 17's, and 19's at ranges from 5 - 50 yards.  Yards, not feet!  Of couse at 5, all the shots touch, and at 50, they are center mass, which is more than combat effective.  All of your guns should do this, but your 34 will most likely be king.  There is no "sighting in" a pistol per say, only what your sight picture is, and bullet ballistics.  

If I am correct that you are new to the game, first off, welcome.  That said, you need to get some good instruction, and work hard on your mechanics.  Your shooting should be 25% of your marksmanship practice.  Dry fire...a lot. Work on your proper grip, work on your strength, work on your weapon presentation, and getting the same sight picture every single time, work on trigger manipulation.  Get what I am saying here? You will be running like a beast in no time.  Good luck man.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, not following your question. Are you asking where the Glocks are zeroed? I think they are zeroed at 25 yards.

I was putting rounds into a 6" paper plate yesterday during my Tactical Pistol 3 class from about 30 feet, drawing rather quickly from holster, etc.

That is more than "good enough" for combat accuracy, FWIW.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm indeed new to Glocks, but I really like'm!  I have only 1911's to base my experience  on hence my newbie questions.  
I was actually asking what the 3 pistols are zeroed out at from the factory, it would have been much more helpful if I had gotten some coffee first and used the correct terminology in my question...  

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm indeed new to Glocks, but I really like'm!  I have only 1911's to base my experience  on hence my newbie questions.  
I was actually asking what the 3 pistols are zeroed out at from the factory, it would have been much more helpful if I had gotten some coffee first and used the correct terminology in my question...  

View Quote

It's all good

Coffee in the morning is OPTIMA!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Dub tap
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's all good

Coffee in the morning is OPTIMAgross!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good

Coffee in the morning is OPTIMAgross!!!

Fixed.

OP, I also think that Glocks should be zeroed at 25 yards.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
As I said above glock does not zero the gun you do. Everyone sights holds grips differently what might be zeroed for me may not be for you etc. for me each glock has needed a slight tweak of the rear sight to the left to be dead on for windage. High low can be adjusted ( providing you have a fixed rear sight) by what bullet weight you shoot or different sight heights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top