Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 5:13:35 PM EDT
Just out of curiosity, how long were the gen 3's out, before the gen 4's came out?    I guess what I am wondering, is how long until the gen 5's come out?   I'm sure there are plenty of upgrades they could do, and will continue to build good guns.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My understanding is the G42 has some "experimental Gen5" parts in it. The slide stop lever, trigger bar, trigger mechanism housing, and trigger spring assembly are much different than Gen4  parts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Gen 5 should be;
Gen 2 frame
Gen 3 internals and rail
Gen 4 back straps, grip texture, and mag release.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gen 5 should be;
Gen 2 frame
Gen 3 internals and rail
View Quote

Sounds like a winner right here
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gen 5 should be;
Gen 2 frame
Gen 3 internals and rail
View Quote

+ no MIM parts, frying-pan finish
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Gen 3's were 97/98 timeframe. My guess would be at least ten years before a gen 5.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, so when did the gen 4 come out?   So the 3's have been out around 15 years?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My understanding is the G42 has some "experimental Gen5" parts in it. The slide stop lever, trigger bar, trigger mechanism housing, and trigger spring assembly are much different than Gen4  parts.
View Quote

Dave, where did you hear this?   Very interesting for sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gen 5 should be;
Gen 2 frame
Gen 3 internals and rail
View Quote

...and a backstrap mimicking a grip reduction so I don't have to butcher my Gen 1.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:23:34 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 for frying pan finish, 3 of my gen 4s have it don't know how I got lucky but all I see is the dull gray now.  Am I the only one who actually checks the finishes at the lgs each time I go?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:54:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I picked up my G42 a couple of weeks ago, a rep for the regional distributor happened to be at the shop. I was discussing some of the changes on the G42 with him when he told me that it had some Gen5 prototype parts in it. He did not tell me any specifics. No way to know if it was BS or not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#13]
With the way pistols are tending to change ergonomically and how quickly some are changing and updating , I think Gen 5 will come quicker than Gen 4 did.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When I picked up my G42 a couple of weeks ago, a rep for the regional distributor happened to be at the shop. I was discussing some of the changes on the G42 with him when he told me that it had some Gen5 prototype parts in it. He did not tell me any specifics. No way to know if it was BS or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Dave, I was just curious as to the source.  

I too think that the Gen 5 will be faster than the Gen 4 was.  There is lot's of new stuff on the horizon.  Exciting times, that would be even more fantastic, if we didn't have to worry so much politically.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gen 5 should be;
Gen 2 frame
Gen 3 internals and rail
View Quote

I used to not think finger grooves were bad until I picked up a friend's Gen 2. I now can see why people prefer them without.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gen 5 should be;
Gen 2 frame
Gen 3 internals and rail

the stuff dreams are made of
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Okay, so when did the gen 4 come out?   So the 3's have been out around 15 years?
View Quote

I believe the first batch of gen 4 pistols were at the beginning of 2010 as they were introduced at Shot Show 2010 and I purchased my first one around march/april of 2010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top