Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2014 1:48:29 PM EDT
If Glock 26 size is Baby Glock then what is Glock 42 size called?  I am going with Preemie!

All joking aside, I just picked up my very first glock, a 42, on Monday.

No ammo at the store though.  Took an alternate and longer route home yesterday to check a different store.  Zero there too.  Took a third route today, and hit up one last store, who had PMC but a 1 box limit.

Loaded the mag and racked the slide until empty, seemed to not want to chamber the last round.  Not a real fair test to be sure.  Hope the ammo I bought from Midway shows up soon, I want to test this baby preemie
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
pics man... pics!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bought one yesterday.  Put 69 rounds through it today.  No issues, very accurate, very light recoil, makes me happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a neat, little gun. I love mine. It has been accurate and reliable in over 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't be surprised if it gives you problems. Mine has choked on Fiocchi FMJ and Golden Saber HP's.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Seeing as it is small and cute and a lot will be sold to women maybe the kitten?
I think I may end up with one myself.
Everyone seems to think glock swung and missed with this one but I do not think so. Wasn't too long ago subcompact shield size 9's did not exist and most 380's were steel and with straight blow back hard to rack. A marginally larger than true pocket size will be much easier to shoot and the locked breech will result in softer recoil and easier racking. Resulting in a 380 that can be shot a lot with comfort and durability. The smallest possible package for a given caliber is not always the right answer. Which is why j frames are considered expert's guns. This same size package in 9mm ( what everyone was calling for) would be snappier in recoil and would be another experts gun. My only gripe is I think they could have come up with a way to get more than six rounds in the mag
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine wasn't a fan of fiocchi.  I really hope it will eat PMC because I bought 1500rnds the other day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine wasn't a fan of fiocchi.  I really hope it will eat PMC because I bought 1500rnds the other day.
View Quote

Damn! Where'd you find that?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

pics man... pics!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please, do tell...
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine ran 100%.

Built around March, I presume, old style slide stop. No Problems, but I didn´t try JHP. FMJ RN and Fiocchi Black Mamba FMJ TC HP. ( first shootout, will do more testing )

All is well, only sights need to be readjusted, and Need a "-" connector ...

Hermann
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]
"Toy Glock"

"Baby Glock"

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mine ran 100%.

Built around March, I presume, old style slide stop. No Problems, but I didn´t try JHP. FMJ RN and Fiocchi Black Mamba FMJ TC HP. ( first shootout, will do more testing )

All is well, only sights need to be readjusted, and Need a "-" connector ...

Hermann
View Quote

I wish!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Just go all the way back and call it pussy Glock!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top