Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 2:41:30 PM EDT
I picked up my G41 from my LGS on Thursday. I was originally going to buy a G21 for a nightstand gun, but decided to wait and see what Glock came out with after SHOT, glad I waited. Sights were normal stock sights that will be replaced with some Trijicons. Instead of the normal Glock extended slide release like on the Glock 34/35, the slide release was a normal size stock release. After the first 200rds I replaced it with a Vickers extended slide release. I have 2 other Gen 4 Glocks (19, 17 ) but neither one came with the enlarged beavertail backs straps and I do like the feel of it. I also added a Surefire X300 after the first 200rds

Day 1  100rds Georgia Arms 230gr FMJ reloads No malfunctions
           100rds WWB 230gr FMJ No malfunctions

I did not add any lubricant or clean any of the factory lubricant off before I  shoot for the first time. Recoil was noticeable, but not excessive, though I do not have a G21 to compare it too. Magazine springs seemed stiff and was difficult to put the last round in but were easier to load after the first day of shooting, not really an issue

Day 2   100rds Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ No malfunctions
            50rds Federal Champion 230gr FMJ No malfunctions

I did not have time to clean or lubricate it after the first day. I noticed that recoil seemed to soften up and am really enjoying shooting it more, especially after adding the Vickers extended slide release.

The top slide is a G17 and the bottom a G41. What I noticed the most was were you can see were the cut out on the top of the slide would be if this was a G34/35 slide. There is also a slot cut on the rear of the slide on the opposite slde of the firing pin safety.

I will update this if there is anything else that important that I remember or notice.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for taking the time to post up your review.

I much more interested in the 41 than the 42.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for taking the time to post up your review.

I much more interested in the 41 than the 42.
View Quote

Same here. I stopped caring about the G42 as soon as they said it was a .380.

I'm hoping that Glock brings this gun out in 10mm as well. If not (I'm not holding my breath), then I'm banking on Lone Wolf coming out with a conversion kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top