Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2013 11:03:44 PM EDT
source for widened &/or extended slide catch levers, for both 9 and 45 size frames, that are good for lefties?

I like my G34 slide catch lever.  Might like to get one for my 17.  Is there something like the for a G21?  

As a lefty, I like to be able to use my index finger to drop the slide.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There is also the Vickers Slide Stop which, from what I understand, is not necessarily extended but rather shaped differently to allow easier engagement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking as a lefty I have no use for one and when I shoot right handed (which is pretty often) it gets in the way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Lefty tip: Insert loaded mag then reach up and use the middle finger on your right hand to drop the slide.  Once you get used to doing this, it is very fast and does not require you to shift your left hand grip like using your left index finger does.  I was taught this method in a Way Of The Gun class, and I find it to be very effective.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lefty tip: Insert loaded mag then reach up and use the middle finger on your right hand to drop the slide.  Once you get used to doing this, it is very fast and does not require you to shift your left hand grip like using your left index finger does.  I was taught this method in a Way Of The Gun class, and I find it to be very effective.
View Quote

Great Post.  Thx.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Speaking as a lefty I have no use for one and when I shoot right handed (which is pretty often) it gets in the way.
View Quote

I shoot r handed  agood deal too, but one handed, not two handed.  

I guess I'll just get the Vtac slide stop levers.  The same part works for a 17 or a 21 then?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you just power stroke that sucka? You wouldn't have to butterfinger the slide stop.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why don't you just power stroke that sucka? You wouldn't have to butterfinger the slide stop.
View Quote

Bro, do you even tactical?

Yeah, it just a little faster, and enables you to do other stuff w/ your off hand, like hold on to the mag you just took out perhaps.

I understand the benefit of training to always stroke is that it works w/ whatver pistol you may happen to be using, while manipulaping the slide stop is more of a proprietary move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top