Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2013 2:15:59 AM EDT
I know there must be but be damned if I can find one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a bunch for range mags and they have all been good.  Springs are a tad softer than Glock springs but are OK.  Some of the other "fake" glock mags have real weak springs that are not GTG.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i have 3 kci 33 rounders and a couple glock 33s for my g19 and they run fine
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a bunch of them and they've worked great. My only problem is I've broken 2 base plates by dropping them on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Gazillion theads. Commonality, is that some have no problems with them, and some have mags that won't run. I believe that it's quality control or different factorys. Still when they were 5 bucks a piece, it was stupid not to buy them. Mine have all worked.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Most people don't have issues with the KCIs. Unfortunately, they get lumped together with the Kahns, which have a much higher probability of being crap.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I read somewhere that the problem ones can be fixed with some trimming of excess flash.

Heard it said many times, that they are great range mags, but not so much for carry.

(I say this with myself never having owned any)
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a lot of them for the Glock 19 I haven't had any problems but I do agree the springs are weak. They have all been good to go to the range with.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some, they work fine, they don't drop free but good for the range
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought 4 15 round magazines for my G31.

Opened 2.  They didn't work, hard to load, not tough springs, hanging up, same on "unloading" the magaines, feed a few rounds, hang up in the magazine for a few rounds, feed for a few rounds.

Took them apart.  Cleaned all the plastic flashing off the inside.  Still didn't work.

Trimmed excess plastic around the feed lips.  Still didn't work.

Trimmed around on the sides/front of the followers.  Still didn't work.

Replaced the followers with Glock followers.  Still didn't work.

Replaced the springs with Glock springs.  Still didn't work.

The longer magazines loaded and fed fine, no issues.  I left them loaded for about a year and the springs were so weak they wouldn't push the last 4 or 5 bullets up out of the magazine.

Glock mags. for me from now on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
How do you tell "KCI" from Kahn" mags?
Some of my mags are marked KCI from when they very first hit the market. Some from more recent are not marked.
I've got a bunch of G19 and G17 mags, I haven't tested them all, but I had 1 15rnder I tested extensively to use as a back up mag for my G26, it and several of the G17 mags have been as good as Glock mags.
I bought 4 26rnd G21 mags, I've tested 1. It worked fine in the G21, then the next time out wouldn't work in my G30. I think the G30 cycles to fast. I dry lubed the inside and ran several loads through the G21 again and it ran fine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Run away!

Going on a few posts here my father and brother each bought 4-5.  All of them need to be pried out of the G-22's
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Run away!

Going on a few posts here my father and brother each bought 4-5.  All of them need to be pried out of the G-22's
View Quote

I don't know where people are getting these mags that don't work? I just bought a G35 and converted it to 9mm and took it to the range with only one mag... a korean 17rnd 9mm mag.  It ran flawlessly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
KCI  mags are good to go.  As some others have said the mag springs are a little weaker than Glock springs but they still function fine.

They drop free in Gen 3s but not in Gen4s.  During the height of the panic, Botach had the KCIs for about $13 a piece.  KCIs have functioned fine as range mags but for self defense, I would still go with original Glock mags. just because.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a few of them and for the most part they work good. I have noticed spring weakness but I replaced some of the springs with Wolff +5% springs and they seem to be very functional. I still would use the real Glocks if my life depended on it. Just because.......
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I had 6 KCI 15rd. G19 mags with my original group of Glocks and they all ran fine. I recently bought more Glocks and ordered 6 more 15rd G19 KCI mags and they all work fine as well. Sometimes you'll have to do a little trimming on the inside and around the feed lips, but it's worth it since they can usually be found for $6 each and make for excellent range mags. Nice thing is all Glock factory components will work in the KCI mags.

I bought mine from Centerfire Systems: Centerfire KCI mags
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow.  Korean Glock 19 mags are only $6 at that link.  At that price I had to buy some just to try out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow.  Korean Glock 19 mags are only $6 at that link.  At that price I had to buy some just to try out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, just see if anything needs trimming inside and out and they should run fine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Run away!

View Quote

Mine run fine. Good range mag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does the G17 mags cst so much more?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure, but I've always found the G19 mags to be cheaper. Those prices on CFS are lower than most others for any of those mags though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Run away!

9mm or .40 cal?

The .40 cal mags both my brother nad father bought are shit. They even tried sanding the hell out of them and they still need to be pried from Gen 3 G22's.  My brother had one explode on him where the floorplate shot off while firing sending rounds and mag parts everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My brother had one explode on him where the floorplate shot off while firing sending rounds and mag parts everywhere.
View Quote

Did the floorplate spontaneously break and dump the ammo & mag guts?  Or just slip off the base of the magazine body?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had 6 KCI 15rd. G19 mags with my original group of Glocks and they all ran fine. I recently bought more Glocks and ordered 6 more 15rd G19 KCI mags and they all work fine as well. Sometimes you'll have to do a little trimming on the inside and around the feed lips, but it's worth it since they can usually be found for $6 each and make for excellent range mags. Nice thing is all Glock factory components will work in the KCI mags.

View Quote

The website just says "Korean Glock Mags".  They don't say specifically they are KCI but they don't say they aren't either.
If you look closely at the picture of the Glock 17 mag and the 33 round mag, you will see the Khan logo. Other pictures appear to show what looks like KCI mags.
I don't have any experience with Khan mags but from what I have heard they aren't as good as KCI.

If brand is important to you, you may want to call and double check which brand of mags they are sending you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I have 6.  3 unopened and 3 for IPSC.  I hate them, they jam like crazy and rarely lock back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#31]
the floor plates are made of a different material than oem glock flookplates. they will break if dropped on a corner.  spring are weaker than oem. Change those 2 and they seem ot run just like sotck
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The website just says "Korean Glock Mags".  They don't say specifically they are KCI but they don't say they aren't either.
If you look closely at the picture of the Glock 17 mag and the 33 round mag, you will see the Khan logo. Other pictures appear to show what looks like KCI mags.
I don't have any experience with Khan mags but from what I have heard they aren't as good as KCI.

If brand is important to you, you may want to call and double check which brand of mags they are sending you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're KCI. I bought some G19 mags from that site less than a month ago, but maybe the other mags are different.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.  Mine arrived today and they are KCI.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I have 3 of the G17 mags and I expected crap but they have been 100%

im going to get a couple of the G19 mags and a 26rd .45 mag to try now
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I have over 4k rounds now on a pair of KCI mags. They are used in competition and dropped hundreds of times on a garage floor training reloads. No problems.

I've broken 2 Khans during the same time period. They also did not drop free without sanding.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top