Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2013 8:55:28 PM EDT
I am wanting to build a Glock from parts. The only questions I have does anybody know if it is that difficult and can you save any money? I did an AK build which was pretty tough just because of the use of rivets.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt you'll save much at all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anybody have a clue on what the average mark up is on Hand Guns? I think most Rifles have a 25% average mark up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I did it with a G19, didn't save a penny.  You can get complete frames off gunbroker for as low as $165.  Complete slide assemblies go for $350+, so you could potentially save a few dollars, depending on what Glocks go for in your area.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Build a 17L without matching #s here

On a RTF 17 or 22 frame.

Markup isn't 25%.  I can guarantee that.  Closer to 13% for GLOCKs.  Most of the AR-15s I sell are in the 10% markup range.  Some may be slightly lower or higher depending how many we have.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On a RTF 17 or 22 frame.

Markup isn't 25%.  I can guarantee that.  Closer to 13% for GLOCKs.  Most of the AR-15s I sell are in the 10% markup range.  Some may be slightly lower or higher depending how many we have.
View Quote

What am I missing? On Gunbroker a complete Glock 17 Pistol's are averaging $ 550 NIB. I am thankful for the help but that would mean the lower would have to sell for $ 65 ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What am I missing? On Gunbroker a complete Glock 17 Pistol's are averaging $ 550 NIB. I am thankful for the help but that would mean the lower would have to sell for $ 65 ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a RTF 17 or 22 frame.

17Ls go for a bit more than 17s.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a RTF 17 or 22 frame.

Gotcha
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't think you would save any money trying to part together a glock as opposed to just buying a used one.

I built a new top end for my G35 from aftermarket parts. It was about $125 for the barrel, $200 for the bare slide and $100 for the slide parts. At the time I could have bought a used G17 for about $350 or $400.

ETA: I sold the OEM slide and barrel recently for $350.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a RTF 17 or 22 frame.

I think i paid 600 for my 17L.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top