Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2013 5:52:45 PM EDT
A local store has a bunch of $35 G19  15 round mags.  Seems a bit high.  Would you grab one in the current climate or wait until the prices come back down, if so?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
How many magazines do you have? If you are comfortable where you are for a few more months you will see about a 10 dollar drop to normal. Up to you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a few mags during this panic and the most I paid was $28.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
In comparison to mags for other brands of guns, even at current prices, Glock mags are still relatively inexpensive.

Prices on them are already starting to come down and they will only get cheaper once the dust settles from all the current crap.

If you really want or need Glock mags right now, I wouldn't lose any sleep or give it a second thought about paying $35 for a mag.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Get them while you can.

I'm buying magazines for glocks I don't own yet.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A local store has a bunch of $35 G19  15 round mags.  Seems a bit high.  Would you grab one in the current climate or wait until the prices come back down, if so?

Panic buying is for panicky people.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Prices may drop making that price high. Prices may rise making that price low. That's the game.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prices may drop making that price high. Prices may rise making that price low. That's the game.

In ten years you'll be happy you bought them and won't care what you paid.

I wish I had bought more than six mags for my P99.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I would buy as many as I could if I could find any. I only have 1
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:14:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Magazines are worth what people are willing to pay for them.  It is called capitalism, if nobody buys them at $35 then the price will drop.  Are you willing to take that risk?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't own a Glock (yet) so I don't know what the mags normally cost because I've never actually priced them. I do however have 2 Springfield XD's and an XDs and that's the average price for mags for them before this panic hit, at least around here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#11]
If you need more now, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $35 locally. While it's above average for price, it certainly isn't gouging. I certainly wouldn't lose sleep if the price came down and I realized I overpaid by $10.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 4:41:26 AM EDT
[#12]
It is only $5-$10 more than normal prices.  I don't think a ban will pass, but I am smart enough to look at that $5 as cheap insurance against a possible ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top