Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 4:24:21 PM EDT
What's that rattle I hear in my G19? Definitely in the slide. Is it the pin?

Eric
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep and it is perfectly normal......  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yep and it is perfectly normal......  

+1 and if you don't hear it then you probably need to clean out the firing pin channel
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If the striker is uncocked, then it will rattle.
Nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Strange I dont recall hearing it in mine.

would have a TI striker affect this?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

would have a TI striker affect this?

No, even with TI strikers in most of mine they still rattle. However in my G24C the firing pin sleeve will rub slightly on the side of the firing pin lug keeping it from rattling after reassembly. You can manual center the sleeve by wiggling the firing pin lug sideways and this will center the sleeve. To test if the pin moves freely with the slide removed, depress the firing pin safety plunger and shake the slide. If it does not move freely, as stated you most likely need to clean the weapon. A word of caution, DON'T pull the firing pin lug to the rear and let it go, this will damage the pin and/or the safety plunger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Slide-Rattle.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top