Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 8:29:59 AM EDT
First time out with the g20 Hornady critical defense 180gr.  Maybe 30 yds but dropped dead right where he stood.  Also had a reason to test out the Grayman knife cus I forgot the bone saw one chop is all it took.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Great looking deer.  How is the RMR?  I have friend with Ruger MkIII and RMR.  It's very hard to get the red do in a hurry.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
After you get used to it, it is very fast to acquire the dot. Im Pritty sure they are designed for speed.
 Anyways works awesome on the 10mm
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First time out with the g20 Hornady critical defense 180gr.  Maybe 30 yds but dropped dead right where he stood.  Also had a reason to test out the Grayman knife cus I forgot the bone saw one chop is all it took.
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s385/grabagear2/72E46E0C-590B-4797-B9D7-40488FCB9FDF-2904-000005C8BC205CC4.jpg

What mount did you use and where did you get it?

I want this setup for my 21 but have so far only found mounts for the smaller slides or mounts requiring gunsmithing.

I will be ordering immediately as soon as you confirm.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Exact model number I don't know.  It is a trijicon dove tail mount for glock. That is all it said on the box, my local gun shop had it when I bought the rmr I bought the mount too.  It was hanging on the wall next to a bunch if other mounts. It only said "glock" on the back. Cost around 75-80 bucks if I remember right.  Sorry I don't have the exact model number I threw the box for the mount in the trash. Had it a few months no complaints works great. The dealers name is precision sports in oshkosh wi.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
very cool

ETA where did you hit him? Did the bullet exit?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that a Lone Wolf Barrel? If so how has it worked out for you?...congratulations on a nice deer, and with a Glock no less....<><....:)
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#7]
NICE.  Estimated live weight and from treestand or on the ground?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
nice kill!

What i do with my rmr glock 17,  I just acquire a sight picture as if I am using the irons and the dot shows up just fine. After you get some practice in, acquiring a sight picture with the rmr becomes second nature.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice work!

Is there any way to set up an RMR so you could still use irons if needed?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice work!

Is there any way to set up an RMR so you could still use irons if needed?

Yes there are a few places that will mill the slide to fit the rmr and with suppressor height sights you can co-witness the sights.  I have a G21 now at L&M Precision having this done.  Also have a Lonewolf G20 Longslide being milled at Lonewolf for the rmr.  

Scott

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes lone wolf barrel and it has worked great far as I can tell.  I'm not to good with the glock trigger but at 50yds bench I can hit soda cans at least 3 out of 5.  
  Shot the deer maybe 30yds I was in stand. Broad side turned head looked at me shot him in the neck dropped instantly bullet did not exit.  Weight ? I'm a bad guess at that but he was bigger than his rack. Meaning u would think he would have had a bigger rack cus he was a good sized deer and a bitch to drag out but I wasn't far from truck.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool setup on the Glock, and nice deer!

That should also teach you that a bone saw is a totally unneeded and superfluous accessory.

I worked up a deer last night with nothing but my Spyderco pocket folder.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#13]
http://
Quoted:

That should also teach you that a bone saw is a totally unneeded and superfluous accessory.

Splitting the sternum, with a knife, let a lone a pocket knife on a 4 to 5 yr old deer is no fun at all. I ll take a bone saw thanks.  Also if you are dressing out multiple deer ripping the sternum with your knife will dull it out pretty quick
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Ha yeah I know. Used one for the first time last year cus the old man got one and worked Pritty slick.  He's getting old so it's nice for him. Walking up to deer he said he forgot the bone saw and I pull out the Grayman knife his eyes got Pritty big lol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Splitting the sternum, with a knife, let a lone a pocket knife on a 4 to 5 yr old deer is no fun at all. I ll take a bone saw thanks.  Also if you are dressing out multiple deer ripping the sternum with your knife will dull it out pretty quick

What is this sternum splitting sternum you speak of? If you hang em by the neck, you just reach up and in, the gut bag falls out, and you pull off the skin like a pair of pajamas. You can get the innerloins easy that way too. The legs and hips you just break/reverse at the joints then slice the connective tissue and no sawing involved there either.

No biggie, to each thier own, but you CAN easily work up a deer with a small sharp pocket knife. Did not mean to hijack the thread! Again, awesome pistol hunting!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this sternum splitting sternum you speak of? If you hang em by the neck, you just reach up and in, the gut bag falls out, and you pull off the skin like a pair of pajamas. You can get the innerloins easy that way too. The legs and hips you just break/reverse at the joints then slice the connective tissue and no sawing involved there either.

No biggie, to each thier own, but you CAN easily work up a deer with a small sharp pocket knife. Did not mean to hijack the thread! Again, awesome pistol hunting!

I gut them from mouth to their anal vent,  
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Add a LWD connector to that setup, and your trigger will get a lot better!   I'd bet that the standard-length barrel would have worked just as well at dropping that deer.  Since you're using an optical, the length of the barrel only adds a little velocity...probably not enough to notice @ 30 yds.  Good shooting!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks! And I only used the long barrel to be legal. WI legal limit I think is 5.5"  maybe even 6".  After the season is done I'll be using the stock barrel.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks! And I only used the long barrel to be legal. WI legal limit I think is 5.5"  maybe even 6".  After the season is done I'll be using the stock barrel.

Didn't think about the barrel length requirement.  Down heah on Tobaccy Road, we'uns don't have big deer.  Ours rarely reach 300#.   I always thought that .40 Super would make a good round for handgun hunting of deer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Very nice

Spike/Doe hunt in December, 6.8 or 10mm?  .... decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Both! If you get a shot way out grab the rifle, little closer use the 10. 10 mm should be good out to 100yds and still have enough to drop a deer. Probably a little more even. I'd like to know someone that did to see first hand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the one. I'm sure they all look very similar. I would call or ask if not sure. But all mine said on box was for glock. I don't know if there are different dove tails or not.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like the one. I'm sure they all look very similar. I would call or ask if not sure. But all mine said on box was for glock. I don't know if there are different dove tails or not.

There are different dovetails amongst brands.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I know there is a difference  for dif brands. I ment I wasn't sure if the dove tails where the same on all models like g26 dovetail the same as a g20?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I know there is a difference  for dif brands. I ment I wasn't sure if the dove tails where the same on all models like g26 dovetail the same as a g20?

Yep, all Glocks take the same rear sights, well, as far as the dovetail goes.  There are different sight heights, of course.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
That is correct. I have a G20 with a factory 6" barrel and a Jpoint I keep meaning to put on the rear end of it. I just have not gotten around to it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Very nice. I just received a G20 and a 6" Stormlake barrel as an early b-day/Christmas present on Thursday and carried it hunting. Never got a chance to fire it at anything though. I shot it at 25 yards Thursday afternoon to get a feel for it but curious if anyone knows how much drop it would have out to 100 yards and if it would still pack enough punch to drop a Wisconsin whitetail? I won't have a chance to get out to shoot it this week unless I give up hunting time but if someone can give me some figures at greater distances I may just leave my rifle home the rest of the week.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#29]
that 10mm round must be trucking through that long barrel
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Nice deer taken with a sweet gun.  Nice set up BTW.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Does WI still have the minimum barrel length law? If I remember correctly, wasn't it 5"?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does WI still have the minimum barrel length law? If I remember correctly, wasn't it 5"?

5.5"
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#33]
If the shot is placed good then the bullet will do it as long as its a decent 10mm round. The numbers I don't have on me but I looked up the same question. If u have Facebook search 10mm ammo. It's a guy that just tests 10mm ammo from his glock and mech tech.  Has a lot of videos and charts.  Where in wi are you might have to do a 10mm shoot! I'm near fdl
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Exact model number I don't know.  It is a trijicon dove tail mount for glock. That is all it said on the box, my local gun shop had it when I bought the rmr I bought the mount too.  It was hanging on the wall next to a bunch if other mounts. It only said "glock" on the back. Cost around 75-80 bucks if I remember right.  Sorry I don't have the exact model number I threw the box for the mount in the trash. Had it a few months no complaints works great. The dealers name is precision sports in oshkosh wi.

Just installed it on my G21. Solid mount.

I will be going for pigs and deer later this week. Nice looking rig with the Osprey 45 suppresssor attached.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the shot is placed good then the bullet will do it as long as its a decent 10mm round. The numbers I don't have on me but I looked up the same question. If u have Facebook search 10mm ammo. It's a guy that just tests 10mm ammo from his glock and mech tech.  Has a lot of videos and charts.  Where in wi are you might have to do a 10mm shoot! I'm near fdl

I'm about 45 mins SE of La Crosse.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Crap that's a long  drive for a range trip :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top