Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2012 10:53:47 PM EDT
I'm wanting a stippling job done on my Glock 23. Any recommendations on a reputable outfit?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm wanting a stippling job done on my Glock 23. Any recommendations on a reputable outfit?

1. buy a 60 watt wood burning tool with different shaped tips.
2. go home and plug wood burner in.
3. practice on some scrap plastic for a few minutes.
4. profit for doing it yourself. $$$$

it really is easy. my 10 year old step daughter did an STI frame for me in less than 2 hours. she was being very careful.

Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd never buy a Glock or any other pistol with a frame that'd been stippled like that.   I just wouldn't find such a rough finish to be comfortable.  I like t he feel of Agrip on my Glocks, and, since I carry IWB daily, wouldn't want such a rough surface abrading my nekked skin!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally decided to try my hand at this on my bedside 22 gun. It was extremely easy, fun and left a nice grippy surface. I was scared to try it at first, but I figured using my 22 that stays hidden away was a good place to start.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Grimm Brothers Armory does great work.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd never buy a Glock or any other pistol with a frame that'd been stippled like that.   I just wouldn't find such a rough finish to be comfortable.  I like t he feel of Agrip on my Glocks, and, since I carry IWB daily, wouldn't want such a rough surface abrading my nekked skin!!

it's not that bad on bare skin. I carry my Glock 20 IWB for up to 16 hours a day with this same texturing. no big deal. if you want the texturing not to be so sharp, warm the side up with a heat gun a bit and rub the grip a bit with a piece of flat plastic. it'll knock the high points off for people with girlie skin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top