Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:42:07 AM EDT
Got the 30274 ejector on my G19 gen3 and wanted to know if I would see an added benefit running the LWD extractor. I've read that the LWD isn't MIM, but some people are saying that there are fitting issues (too tight) and the edges aren't cut as accurately as factory.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If your Glock works from the factory with a healthy ejection pattern, then leave it alone and shoot it

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
No.

Run Factory.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You should get a time out for posting the same topic 3 times.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you currently having any extraction or ejection issues?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Too early to tell. No extraction issues. Brass flies 4-5 o'clock and about 3-4 feet. My niece shot my G19 and a case got caught in her hair and rolled down her arm and she got burnt. Just seems like everyone is combining the new 30274 ejector with the LWD extractor and are having good results.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should get a time out for posting the same topic 3 times.

Its not like the OP did it on purpose... lighten up geez

Should everyone get a time out for double taps too?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too early to tell. No extraction issues. Brass flies 4-5 o'clock and about 3-4 feet. My niece shot my G19 and a case got caught in her hair and rolled down her arm and she got burnt. Just seems like everyone is combining the new 30274 ejector with the LWD extractor and are having good results.

Well there's your answer.  I'd follow Hero's advice above and not look for a problem that isn't there.  How experienced a shooter is your niece?  Did she use a proper grip with her hand high in the backstrap and her wrists locked?  If not, that can cause ejection issues.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I installed them in my late Gen3 19 and Gen4 17. They both have the 30274. I still had dribble ejection with cheap ammo. I really need to test my ejection with carry ammo and go from there. I stand by my assumption that all of the "issues" Glocks are seeing is crappy ammo.

Anyway, don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I installed them in my late Gen3 19 and Gen4 17. They both have the 30274. I still had dribble ejection with cheap ammo. I really need to test my ejection with carry ammo and go from there. I stand by my assumption that all of the "issues" Glocks are seeing is crappy ammo.

Anyway, don't waste your money.

Yes. We were using crappy ammo. UMC and WWB.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes. Replace all small parts with LWD. Do your part to fuel the economy since that's what you'll accomplish.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I have found no evidence that the LWD extractor improves performance.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top