Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2012 9:30:40 AM EDT
The slide has a 8-9 digit number stamped next to the plunger.
The barrel has 9X19 stamped on top of the barrel with a tiny pentagon icon right next to it.
Underneath the barrel on the ramp there is an odd 1mm x 6mm dotted rectangular matrix stamped on it.

I have owned many Glocks and this is a first....

Wassup' with dis?
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there anhinga on the bottom of the trigger guard .
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
?

Quoted:

Is there anhinga on the bottom of the trigger guard .

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The longer number is a production tracking number. The pentagon symbol is supposedly a marking required under German/Austrian law which denotes the grade of the steel that the barrel is made of. Early barrels have simply a pentagon marking, recent barrels have a pentagon with a dot inside of it. I own one of each barrel and the "dotted pentagon" barrels are obviously a harder steel. The "dot matrix" is also supposed to be a production tracking number.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I always thought the pentagon on the barrel signified that the rifling was polygonal rather than land and groove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top