Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2012 6:51:10 PM EDT
Howdy all, I am thinking of selling my G22 and getting a G20, I have a .357sig barrel for my 22 and was wondering if I can use it on a G20 as well as get a G21 45acp barrel for the G20? Will the stock 20 mags work for 45 acp and 357 sig?
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
sell the sig barrel w/your g22.
i have a g20 and use a .45 barrel in it but i don't remember if it needs to be a conversion barrel. i would check the lone wolf site.
the mags are not interchangeable. the bullet bases are too different.
plan to reload if you're going to shoot a lot of 10, or at least save your brass!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Howdy all, I am thinking of selling my G22 and getting a G20, I have a .357sig barrel for my 22 and was wondering if I can use it on a G20 as well as get a G21 45acp barrel for the G20? Will the stock 20 mags work for 45 acp and 357 sig?

Thanks in advance!

No go on 357 sig.

G20 shares same lower as G21, but you will need to replace mags, entire upper, not just BBL.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
the Sig barrel wont work. I'd keep the G22 and save up for the G20

the breech face is wider on the G21 slide, you could do the 10mm in a conversion to the 45 slide but not a 45 to a 10mm slide. 10mm rounds will fall right out of a 45 mag. .357sig fits the 10mm mags but i'm not sure of the reliability for feeding.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
sell the sig barrel w/your g22.
i have a g20 and use a .45 barrel in it but i don't remember if it needs to be a conversion barrel. i would check the lone wolf site.
the mags are not interchangeable. the bullet bases are too different.
plan to reload if you're going to shoot a lot of 10, or at least save your brass!

If you're using a .45acp barrel in a G20, then you're the only person on Earth who's able to do that, given that a G21 barrel won't fit in a G20 slide and, as far as I know, nobody makes a .45acp conversion barrel for a G20.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
then i have it bassackwards. thank you for thecorrection sir.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Lonewolf is probably the industry leader in .45-to-10mm conversion barrels.  I tried a KKM conversion barrel and never could get it to work right.  I blew through about 1000 rounds, but never could get 100% extraction.  Ruined a lot of brass, too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand the previous post.  At present Lone Wolf refuses to make a barrel to convert a G21 to 10mm.  I know what I am talking about.  I talked with them yesterday.  KKM makes a barrel and in order to use it you must modify the extractor.  It isn't hard.  I have already modified mine per KKM's instructions.  My G30SF used to be bad about ejecting some of the brass into my forehead or on top of my head.  After I did the modification KKM recommended, this problem went away.  If Glock had made this part correctly, this problem wouldn't exist.  The problem can be corrected in a few minutes with a dremel.  Some folks have claimed problems with extraction with the KKM conversion barrels.  They had problems because they didn't follow instructions.

It's strange, I'm 69 years old and the rules still haven't changed.  If you don't follow instructions, you won't get the desired results.

Another thing that needs to be mentioned is the fact that no matter whose conversion barrel you buy, you still have to properly modify the extractor for it to work.  The hook on the extractor needs to swing in further to properly grip the head of the 10mm.  If this isn't done you won't have proper extraction.  As I mentioned earlier in this post this modification also helps even if you only shoot .45 a.c.p. as the extractor doesn't swing in as far as it should to properly grip the case head on it either.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no problem with .45acp Glock extractors, as far as extracting .45acp brass.  Having fired a coupla-hundred thousand of my .45acp reloads through various Glocks, I can attest to that.

I can also attest that I followed instructions about modifying the .45acp extractor to accommodate the 10mm conversion, to no avail.  Never could get sufficient extractor tension for reliable extraction.  I'm guessing that Lonewolf''s refusal to make .45-to-10mm conversion barrels is because they had to deal with so many unsatisfied customers regarding that conversion.  

I was one of the first customers of the .45-to-10mm conversion barrels.  I am mechanically inclined and do just about all the work that's done on all my firearms.  Also do all the work that's done on my vehicles, if you get my drift.  When I bought into the conversion, I was assured that it would "just work fine, 100%."  Then I was told a different story...that the extractor's front pad needed to be filed down, in order to extract the 10mm cases.  

I spoke with several other suckers who bought into that same conversion barrel, and they had the same problems that I had and they similarly felt that they'd been misled.  

I never tried the conversion on a G30; only G21.  Finally found a good deal on a ln G20.  Had  previously found a great deal on a complete G20 upper, but let a friend of mine have the deal.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the Sig barrel wont work. I'd keep the G22 and save up for the G20

the breech face is wider on the G21 slide, you could do the 10mm in a conversion to the 45 slide but not a 45 to a 10mm slide. 10mm rounds will fall right out of a 45 mag. .357sig fits the 10mm mags but i'm not sure of the reliability for feeding.

It isn't great.  I didn't keep track, but it was something like 2+ failures per mag - enough that I only shot about 3-4 mags with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#10]
my kkm barrel has run well. i've shot 3 or 4 mags at a range trip w/o issue. i was not the original owner so it could have been cleaned up by a shop.
i can't speak on conversion barrels at this point since iv'e already put mmy foot in my mouth by pontificating about gun stuff while watching my dvr as opposed to being at my bench.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#11]
On Glock Talk there have been many posts about G30s ejecting brass into the shooters head.  After removing the pad from the ejector it swung inward just a little more and grasped the case head better and the problem went away.  I may also get a heavier spring for the extractor.  After talking with Kevin at KKM, I am considering buying a .45 barrel from him and loading .45 Super for it.  The .45 Super can equal 10mm ballistics and punch just a little bit bigger hole.  You can also shoot .45 a.c.p. from the same barrel.  You will need a heavier recoil spring assembly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top