Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2011 3:05:11 PM EDT
Is it just me or does od stand for olive drab as in olive drab green. Why do all these od green glock pics look like fde or flat dark earth. Everyone have cheap cameras?
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock's OD is almost the same color as Magpul's FDE.

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Glock's OD is almost the same color as Magpul's FDE.

While your example of Glock OD might closely resemble MagPul FDE the color in general was very inconsistant.  I've seen some Glock OD models that looked Desert Tan, some looked Olive Drab Green, and some looked Flat Dark Earth.  It's really a case by case basis.

Quoted:
Is it just me or does od stand for olive drab as in olive drab green. Why do all these od green glock pics look like fde or flat dark earth. Everyone have cheap cameras?

Yes, it does technically stand for Olive Drab Green.  Yes, the huge variance in white balance settings on different cameras will make it almost impossible to compare the color online.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never even seen a picture of a truly o.d. Glock...they all look doo-doo brown to me.  Why would anybody want a brown/o.d., etc. frame with a black slide, anyhow?  What's the point??
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never even seen a picture of a truly o.d. Glock...they all look doo-doo brown to me.  Why would anybody want a brown/o.d., etc. frame with a black slide, anyhow?  What's the point??

There are people paying upwards of $1000 for a lightly used OD Glock on Gunbroker all day long.  So I would say there certainly is a demand out there.  However it's completely artificial from the fact they are not produced anymore.  The irony is when in normal production nobody wanted OD models so Glock discontinued them.  Now they are no longer made and "rare" they are instantly a collectors item and heavily sought after!  Go figure.

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm with you never saw anything near od green either.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are people paying upwards of $1000 for a lightly used OD Glock on Gunbroker all day long.  So I would say there certainly is a demand out there.  However it's completely artificial from the fact they are not produced anymore.  The irony is when in normal production nobody wanted OD models so Glock discontinued them.  Now they are no longer made and "rare" they are instantly a collectors item and heavily sought after!  Go figure.

I guess I'm one of the few that always did like the OD Glocks. First pistol I ever shot was an OD G34. Got me hooked on pistols, Glocks, and OD Glocks all at once.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine. It's true that it is hard to properly represent the color online. These 3 shots all have somewhat of a different hue.

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I heard they were dicontinuing them, I had my favorite dealer order one. The box has been opened once at the dealer to view the serial number. I have another one that I put 100 rounds through.
I don't even have $1k in the two of them

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 3:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
The requirement for the Joint Combat Pistol included an FDE color frame. Glock figured they'd make the color very close to FDE, but slightly OD as well so that if any customers wanted OD they could hit two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cause its awesome.........duhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top