Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 7:54:58 AM EDT
I want to get my first glock and I am considering the G17L or the G34.  I read from GLOCKS web site that the G34 is setup for IPSC and such.  The gun looks identical to the G17L.  What is different between the two guns?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
17L is longer and IIRC it doesn't have the extended slide lock and mag catch.  And IIRC all were 2nd gen frames (no rail or finger-grooves).  G34s are legal for IDPA under stock service pistol class as they fit in the 'box' for size.  G17Ls are too big.

This G34 doesn't have the extended slide lock (owner must have removed it).  G34 came in 2nd gen and 3rd gen frames.  This one is a 2nd gen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Just for your info, I have a 34 and I love it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top