Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:44:58 PM EDT
I'm thinking of picking up a glock 22. I'm going to carry it as my ccw, and I'm gonna shoot all the IDPA matches I can. I know .40 has a stiff recoil. What kind of ammo should I use for comp? Also would increasing the spring weight help me with the recoil for rapid fire shooting? Lastly what kind of ammo should I pick up for ccw...I used to own a glock 21, so .40 is new to me...thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Most people shoot the 180gr stuff for matches.  Some load the 200's up for the power factor advantage.

For rapid fire, changing the spring changes the feel.  I personally like lighter springs, in the 13-15lb range, some people run up to the 22lb range.  It all depends on what feel you like the best.

For carry purposes I like the speer gold dots in 165 grain, they seem to be very popular among many shooters for carry and by many police departments as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top