Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 5:58:05 AM EDT
any info out there? I figure it is a training magazine for some dept. Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup. It's a training mag.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to have 3 of them in 9mm...they went on ebay about 5 years ago...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
So I am to understand that it is an oddball or at least uncommon magazine? Any idea of worth?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC they were magazines sold by Glock at GSSF matches.  They were pretty common though are now drying up.  They still pop up for sale on a fairly common basis.  Try www.glocktalk.com and you might be able to get a better idea of its value.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello

I bought mine back in May when the ban was in place and I think total with shipping I paid was $47.  Today it propably not be worth more than $13-14 because it is used and since the ban is dead LEO ones are $20, so it is not worth much. But it is a good training magazine. They were used I believe to train officers and some of them may have had like a blue or other color baseplate to let the range officers know if they were only using training magazines or magazines with live ammo.  Mine had the initials DPD under the Glock Logo.  Hope this helpts

Tom
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I once saw a Miami FL cop with a Glock 22
and WHITE magazines.
I didn't have a chance to ask him about it though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
This one is not marked LE/Mil or anything else....not a pre/post ban mag but a regular manufactured one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
As others have stated - it is a training magazine.

They are orange so the instructor may easily tell when a student has a magazine in the pistol and also to dedicate the magazine to the training environment.

During the ban and before the preban supply of orange mags ran out, Glock would sell these during the GSSF matches for $50.

It isn't worth any more than a black magazine of similar construction, that being FML or NFML.

The blue floor plates are installed on magazines used with their T series FX (simunition) pistols (blue frame). Again, it dedicates the magazine to the training environment.

The red floor plates are installed on magazines used with their practice pistols (red frame).

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top