Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 5:45:58 PM EDT
The .45 GAP will be the only way I'll ever own a .45 cal. Glock, my hands are just too small for the ACP version.  Supposedly the 37 has a 17 frame or at least one comparable in size with a heavier slide, before I commit though I'd sure like to hear from someone who has shot one.  Guys please don't hi-jack this and turn it into an ACP is better thread.  I have several .45 ACP's in 1911 style guns, that I love, as well as a 76/45 FA SMG, but the double stack guns just don't fit my hand.  TIA
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not, but I handled one in the gun store and it feels just like a G22 to me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good idea and the ballistics are comparable and in some tests-better.  This is the type of thread I like, all about gaining from the experiences of others.  Other folks around here would say, "Go buy one and find out!" , "Go rent one and make up your own mind!"  Keep up the homework and good luck!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried a Glock 30 or Glock 36?  Or did you want a full sized gun?  I have the same problem you have - the grip on the G20/21 does not fit my hand.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
No I have'nt tried the 30 or 36, I was leaning toward the fullsize pistol to carry on duty.  I wish there was someplace to rent guns close to where I live, hell I have'nt even heard of a place like that around!  Tulsa show is this weekend maybe there will be some there that I can handle, hopefully.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have shot one several times and I found them to have a bit of a snappy recoil much like the .40 instead of a "push" like the .45ACP.   The whole idea behind creating the G37 was to provide law enforcement agencies a gun in the .45 caliber that would not only be comfortable for those with smaller hands but would also fit in the same duty holsters as the 9mm and the .40.  Unfortunatly the .45 GAP round was too much for the slide when manufactured with the same dimensions as the 9mm and .40.  The engineers had to beef up the slide to add strength and mass (to slow down the slide velocity).
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Posted by K9Reserve:  I have shot one several times and I found them to have a bit of a snappy recoil much like the .40 instead of a "push" like the .45ACP. The whole idea behind creating the G37 was to provide law enforcement agencies a gun in the .45 caliber that would not only be comfortable for those with smaller hands but would also fit in the same duty holsters as the 9mm and the .40. Unfortunatly the .45 GAP round was too much for the slide when manufactured with the same dimensions as the 9mm and .40. The engineers had to beef up the slide to add strength and mass (to slow down the slide velocity).

+1

(Edited for red text)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
K9Reserve, is your overall impression positive?  I think I know what your talking about with the snappy recoil comment, the Glock in .357 Sig and .40 S&W feel that way to me.  Not an aversive feel, just "snappy".
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
So far the professional opinions have been positive for the .45 GAP. I heard that Rob Leatham really liked it, and Springfield Arms is coming out with an XD in the GAP so i think that says a lot. I also read in this months Handgunner that ballistically its equal to the if not better than the ACP. I know i like my model 21 but i like the idea for people with smalle rhands being able to grip a top notch handgun and caliber.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have not, but I handled one in the gun store and it feels just like a G22 to me.

Same frame. Has a bigger slide though., Holsters might be a pain to find.

I have one and it's makeing a very strong case to to my primary as far a holsters they use the G30 or the G21 Holsters
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]

I have shot one several times and I found them to have a bit of a snappy recoil much like the .40 instead of a "push" like the .45ACP.

+1

We sold one of the 37's to a regular who let me fire it. Seemed more accurate than the .40 glock, but I'd still stick to the .45 acp.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top