Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 9:49:38 AM EDT
Hello all! I have some Glock 19 15 rnd. FML Gen. 3 LE marked magazines. These magazines came with the "9mm3" followers. How can I find out if the newer "9mm4" style followers will fit these magazine bodies? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#1]
All Glock 9mm mags made after Jan 2002 have this follower.  How old are your mags?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]

All Glock 9mm mags made after Jan 2002 have this follower. How old are your mags?

I purchased them in unused (new) condition, but I am unsure of the actual year of manufacture.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotten several from the EE and some did have the 9mm-3 follower that I swapped out with the newer #4.  Haven't had a problem yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you want to swap them for the 9mm4 follower?  Are you having issues with the 9mm3 ones?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Why would you want to swap them for the 9mm4 follower? Are you having issues with the 9mm3 ones?

Well, I would intermittently have a cartridge jam on the feed ramp as it was coming out of the magazine. It occured 2 times within a 100 round shooting session with just one of the new LE marked magazines. I was shooting Winchester 115gr. FMJ value pack ammunition. I have not had a problem with the other hicaps I had purchased before the AWB sunsetting (same ammo, as well as other types). These were NFML Gen. 1 Glock factory 15 rnd. mags. I read on some other  Glock forum that others were having the same problem with "9mm3" followers. I figured "What the heck, why not try the '9mm4' followers? These are after all, new magazines." I just wasn't sure if the "9mm4" followers would fit the LE marked mags. Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why would you want to swap them for the 9mm4 follower? Are you having issues with the 9mm3 ones?

Well, I would intermittently have a cartridge jam on the feed ramp as it was coming out of the magazine. It occured 2 times within a 100 round shooting session with just one of the new LE marked magazines. I was shooting Winchester 115gr. FMJ value pack ammunition. I have not had a problem with the other hicaps I had purchased before the AWB sunsetting (same ammo, as well as other types). These were NFML Gen. 1 Glock factory 15 rnd. mags. I read on some other  Glock forum that others were having the same problem with "9mm3" followers. I figured "What the heck, why not try the '9mm4' followers? These are after all, new magazines." I just wasn't sure if the "9mm4" followers would fit the LE marked mags. Thanks for your time!

Just so I'm clear: you experienced 2 failures using a NFML, Generation One, LE magazine that you just purchased in un-used condition?  

I doubt you could install a 9mm4 follower in a Gen 1 NFML magazine but give it a try.  The offical word from Glock is the 9mm4 followers will only fit mags that were made after June 2002.  Is it possible that it's just a bad magazine?  I would try a new mag spring first.  If that doesn't help, paint the floor plate red and use that mag for failure drills

Also, what generation is the G19?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
To my knowledge there are no NFML LEO mags.  What he's saying is he has a FML LEO mag with a 9mm-3 stamped follower, and he's trying to figure out if that is the follower it's suposed to have and if the 9mm4 follwer will fit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The more I think about it, there couldn't be Gen1 NFML LEO mags.  Back then it was ok to have normal capacity mags do they wouldn't be restricted.

Editd to add:  I've gotten LE G19 mags from the EE before with the 9mm-1 followers and I swapped them out.  No problems from any of my magazines.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
To my knowledge there are no NFML LEO mags.  What he's saying is he has a FML LEO mag with a 9mm-3 stamped follower, and he's trying to figure out if that is the follower it's suposed to have and if the 9mm4 follwer will fit.

Okay, I had to re-read it a few times but now I see.  

You can get a 9mm4 in just about any mag body but it take a little extra pressure on the spring according to some folks over on glocktalk.com.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
No, I was just saying that I have used NFML Gen. 1 mags with no problems. I experienced 2 failures with just one (1) of the new FML LE marked mags. It could very well be just a bad mag. The G19 is a third Generation. Edited to add: Thanks to everyone for their time!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
My bad.  I've been sick and I'm hopped up on DayQuil so my reading comprehension skills aren't very sharp right now

You should be able to get a 9mm4 follower in there but you may have to tweat the spring a little bit.  Hold on...

I read about the 9mm4 thing in this thread: glocktalk

Edited: one more thing, are you sure you just didn't limp wrist it?  Was it towards the end of the day when you might have been getting tired?  I took a class last Friday where I witnessed several 1911 users limp wristing!  They all thought they were have mag issues until the instructor picked up their gun and emptied a mag without a failure.  After he showed them what they were doing wrong they didn't experience it.  Thought I'd throw it out there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
9mm4 followers won't work in older tubes w/o modification (Dremel) to the followers.  I've installed a few in some 10 rounds mags but unmodified they would go high enough into the tube to engage the slide catch.  I'm pretty certain standard cap tube would have the same problem.  Just leave the 9mm3s in there, I've never had a problem with one.  9mm4 follower mags also use different mag springs.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Posted by M4arc:  My bad. I've been sick and I'm hopped up on DayQuil so my reading comprehension skills aren't very sharp right now

You should be able to get a 9mm4 follower in there but you may have to tweat the spring a little bit. Hold on...

I read about the 9mm4 thing in this thread: glocktalk

No problem, I should actually improve my posting skills! I hope you get well soon. Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Posted by M4arc:  Edited: one more thing, are you sure you just didn't limp wrist it? Was it towards the end of the day when you might have been getting tired? I took a class last Friday where I witnessed several 1911 users limp wristing! They all thought they were have mag issues until the instructor picked up their gun and emptied a mag without a failure. After he showed them what they were doing wrong they didn't experience it. Thought I'd throw it out there.

Now that I think about it, it was getting near the end of that shooting session. hinking.gif I guess I just need to get out and shoot more with these...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top