Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 4:48:16 PM EDT
I have had Trijicons on a couple of my guns and like them, but since I am trying out a new gun I thought I would give some others a shot.

What are you guys using or what would you put on a new G17?

CH
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Trijicons on my 19 and 26.  I figure why mess with something.  Similar sight picture, no matter which gun I grab.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Mepro's.Next question?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
1.  Trijicon
2.  Mepro
3.  Everything else

I've heard good things about the P-T, but have no personal experience with them.

For the long-slides (17L, 24, 34, 35) I like the MMC adjustables.  My 35 wears a set.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I voted Trijicon, though I've also had good luck with Mepros.
Do NOT get PT. They were the first night sights I got (for my first handgun, a Ruger) and they suck. They were very dim well inside of a year, and the metal they use for some reason is prone to rust; I've heard that happen to other ppls PTs as well.

You'll be happy with either Trij or Mepro. FWIW, Trij is American made, Mepros imported.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I've carried Trijicon equipped guns for over 11 years now - on duty and off.

I found one Mepro. equipped pistol's front sight burnt much quicker than any Trijicon that I've had, but I'm not dogging Mepro.  Mechanical things break. Period.

I am happy to see that you are interested in night sights. Period.  Any self-defense or duty weapon should have them.

Most shootings occur in low-light/bad conditions.

I have a set up now that I like for a carry gun - green front/yellow rear.  Your eye supposedly picks up the offset green faster.

Good Luck - glad to see you're going with night sights.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Triji's are my 2nd fav. the big dot express is killer .
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking like Mepros might be getting a look from ..... We will see.

CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top