Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:53:31 PM EDT
I'd like an OWB holster for a Glock 35.  I'd prefer leather, but plastic/kydex is ok too.

I've been everywhere around the Corpus Christi, TX area, and there is nothing that will fit a 34/35

Thanks,

CVN
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Comp-Tac makes outstanding kydex holsters.  I have their "slide" holster that fits any 9/40/357 Glock (the bottom of the holster is open).  They also make a G34/35 specific holster.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackhawk or Bladetech.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Comp-Tac makes outstanding kydex holsters.  I have their "slide" holster that fits any 9/40/357 Glock (the bottom of the holster is open).  They also make a G34/35 specific holster.

Remember though, that the slide version is great for range work but not so great for carry unless it is really clamped in there. You don't want to bump the muzzle and push it out and have it clank on the floor of McDonald's. It's just bad PR.

If this is a Gen 3, I would look at Safariland 5187. Great price at $28. But I'm not sure they fit Gen 4 long slides or not. My 5187 did fit my Gen 4 G17 but the guide rod hole in the 34/35 is a different shape.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember though, that the slide version is great for range work but not so great for carry unless it is really clamped in there. You don't want to bump the muzzle and push it out and have it clank on the floor of McDonald's. It's just bad PR.

If this is a Gen 3, I would look at Safariland 5187. Great price at $28. But I'm not sure they fit Gen 4 long slides or not. My 5187 did fit my Gen 4 G17 but the guide rod hole in the 34/35 is a different shape.

That's the nice thing about Comp-Tac gear, their stuff has adjustable tension.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holster depicted with a Glock 17 and STX Smooth Black finish - your holster/gun may look different.

For post 700, I call bullshit on the ad.  It doesn't look like any Glock I have.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like my blackhawk serpa for OWB at the range - but if you are shying away from IWB because of the feel (they dig into me), the crossbreed or galco king tuk was the answer for me. I don't want to turn a blind eye to other designs, but I just may as perfect as those are for me.

Since you specified OWB, I'll elaborate on the blackhawk serpa.

I love the positive retention system that unlocks effortlessly.
The belt spacers/tensioners are nice to accomodate different belt sizes.
The height/cant adjustable belt bracket makes custom positioning easy.
The relase button is in the perfect spot as my finger is at the ready on the frame of the pistol upon draw.
Reholster is a snap (literally).
With the proper amount of tension on your belt, it is rock solid.

I really didn't have high hopes for this thing as it came free with a recent purchase. Free shit is usually just that. I'd have gladly paid for this thing though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Comp-tac and Blade-tech, I have both in paddle form which is my preferred mode of carry. Both, very comfortable, very stable, but here is where the edge definately goes to Comp-tac. Their paddle design does NOT rock. Very stable paddle. Both are very high quality Kydex, but over all adjustability for tension are the same and For the price, either one would be very hard to beat. Still Have to give the edge to Comp-tac. Great company to deal with and a great product.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holster depicted with a Glock 17 and STX Smooth Black finish - your holster/gun may look different.

For post 700, I call bullshit on the ad.  It doesn't look like any Glock I have.

I agree. But if you place it in your basket, the Safariland part number comes out right.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:14:19 AM EDT
[#9]
For a great OWB leather holster at a reasonable price, check out either a Don Hume Open Top Paddle Holster (H720 OT) or Paddle With Thumb Break (H720) a Gunners Alley.  I've got 2 open top models in brown, one for my G20/21L and one for my G24 and I'm sold on them.  You can use them as straight paddles or run a belt through the loop.  Either way I've found them to be very comfortable and secure.  

They have a sight channel built in as well as an open nose so your G35 will fit perfectly in the G17 version (as will a G23 too). They are molded to your pistol so they will hold it very well yet the draw is smooth and easy. The sight channel ensures that even with taller sights, you'll never snag it while drawing.  A great value for my money.

My G23 in the G17/22 model holds very well:

They hold your pistol close to your body but stand off just a bit so they are really comfortable:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top