Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 4:24:35 AM EDT
I am thinking about buying a KelTec Sub 2000 just because I don't have one. What is the legal availability of Glock 17 frames/lowers. I don't see any reason to buy a complete pistol when I'll never use the slide/barrel. How much should I expect to pay? Is this something that my local dealer can order through Glock?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The Kel-Tec carbines are complete firearms, ready to fire.  Are you maybe thinking of the Mech-Tech conversion units that require a lower/frame from your pistol (1911, Glock, etc.)?  www.mechtechsys.com/1911.html

Or am I just misunderstanding your post?

FWIW, Kiesler's used to carry/sell Glock pistol frames, but it has been years since I've seen them offered.  The first time I saw a Mech-Tech conversion, I kicked myself for not having ordered a couple of the Glock frames back when they were available...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply but I was mixing up the guns I was thinking about.  I thought the Kel Tec needed a lower frame. At $350 or so that seems to be a good deal. I might have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem.  We have an older K-T SUB9 that takes S&W mags (my wife's) and a SUB2000 that takes Glock mags (mine).  We have not had a problem with either carbine & they have both been shot quite a bit.  The current SUB2000s are considerably less expensive than the old SUB9s were and are an excellent value IMHO.  I have seen them around here for as little as $299 + tax on occasion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top