Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 7:43:11 PM EDT
I installed one, and when I shot the pistol tonight it wouldn't lock open on an empty mag.  It will lock open if you pull it back, but not when being shot.  I never had this problem before the Rocket.  Anyone else had this problem?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I installed one, and when I shot the pistol tonight it wouldn't lock open on an empty mag.  It will lock open if you pull it back, but not when being shot.  I never had this problem before the Rocket.  Anyone else had this problem?

The Ghost Rocket is a connector and does not effect the function of slide hold-open.  That is done by the follower of the magazine pushing up on the slide release.  

With the slide off, check to make sure your slide release is assembled correctly in the frame and that the slide release spring is routed below the 2nd pin in the locking block.  Insert an empty magazine and ensure the front left lip of the follower engages and pushes up on the slide release lever tab.  Make sure all your magazines do this.

If your Glock passes the above tests but the problem persists, watch your hand placement during firing carefully, are you pressing down on the slide release?  It's a common mistake with Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If your Glock passes the above tests but the problem persists, watch your hand placement during firing carefully, are you pressing down on the slide release?  It's a common mistake with Glocks.

You know, I think that's it.  I've gotten used to riding the safety on my 1911, and I bet I was resting on the slide stop as a substitute.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I think that's it.  I've gotten used to riding the safety on my 1911, and I bet I was resting on the slide stop as a substitute.

Either that, or you installed the slide stop incorrectly.  What model/cal?

Sly
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I should clarify that I'm not new to disasembling and reassembling Glocks.  I've replaced tons of triggers, standard disconnectors, slide stops, etc.  I've had the pistol detail stripped countless times.

I tried the empty mag in the gun with the slide off, and it engages the slide stop just fine.  I cycle the slide by hand and it locks open on an empty mag.

Last night was the first time in several months that I shot the Glock, and I do remember having my thumb resting on something last night.  I have another IDPA match this weekend so I'll have a chance to try it out again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If it locks open by hand but not during firing your mag spring probably needs replacing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top