User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2011 10:44:33 AM EDT
Most of mine don't.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Most of mine don't.

Come on guys, you're telling me that you've got some G30 ten round mags that easily load to ten, and there is enough space to load against a closed slide in a combat situation.

If you do, then all of my mags are crap. Some of mine have been loaded for over 5 years and still are tight.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My G29 takes 10+1 just fine...
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Im fairly new to the G30 and have noticed that with a full mag it is very hard to reload on a closed slide. I am hoping this goes away over time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright here is my observation keep in mind I'm an armorer for a LE agency that has just transitioned to Glock 21sf and Glock 30sf pistols from Glock 17's and 19's in the last few months.  On the first day of transition training one of our guys who uses the Glock loader with his 9mm proceeded to use the loader with his G30sf mags.  As usual everyone made fun of him for using the loader, that is until they had to load their mags.  All of a sudden the whole group was using the Glock mag loaders.  So long story short, when new, the Glock 30 mags are a bitch to load.  That is all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine load up against the slide with 10 rounds. The slide will actually take a nice cut out of the top most round when it's fully loaded.  I've tested it 10+1 many times and it's always worked, but I still don't like it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My 10 round G30 mag can only get 9 in the mag    

I just cant get the 10th one in.

Cant , wont fit..... WTF
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of mine don't.

Come on guys, you're telling me that you've got some G30 ten round mags that easily load to ten, and there is enough space to load against a closed slide in a combat situation.
If you do, then all of my mags are crap. Some of mine have been loaded for over 5 years and still are tight.

I can get 10 in mine +1 in the pipe....guess I don't have girly fingers....

In all seriousness, it can be hard to load, but I have done it so many times (thousands upon thousands of rounds in a two week period) with all calibers of Glock that It doesn't bother me.....my friends and even my father struggle with them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Mine load up against the slide with 10 rounds. The slide will actually take a nice cut out of the top most round when it's fully loaded.  I've tested it 10+1 many times and it's always worked, but I still don't like it.

I don't have a 30 any more, but I also never had a malfunction shooting it like that.   I tried it several times also because I thought it would cause a hang up.

The first time I loaded it up all the way I had to use the edge of a metal shelf and put my weight on the rim of the cartrige to get it to go in the magazine.     I think it would have been understandable to make the mag another millimeter longer

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
A mag shouldn't bottom out with a full load. It needs to have some give in it.

Is it or isn't it the follower bottoming out???
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I googled this problem and on a couple different forums people basically said these mags will break in over time and this will stop.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I use 9rd-ers. That tenth round always sticks up a bit. But I like the lower profile and the pinkie under grip.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I sold my G30SF awhile ago but anytime I loaded a 9 or 10rd mag in it with the slide closed, it would not retract and literally stop movement about 1/8th of an inch back unless I pulled it extremely hard like a maniac. I have never had any gun in any caliber that was hard to rack, slide closed with a fully loaded mag inserted. When I first tried loading the mags I left one round out, put the speed loader on top of the mag that Glock supplies with every gun, put a big C-Clamp end to end, locked it down and left it that way for a few days. After that I could just barely get the last round in. IMO, the locked slide and having a hard time getting the last round in the mags is a problem. Glock needs to reduce all of their 45acp slides to match the G36 and more importantly, they need to redesign the mag or call the 10 rounders 9 and the 9 rounders 8 because its absolutely ridiculous for it to be that hard to load a magazine or rack the slide.

I was told that the mags would eventually break in. First off, I've had mags that needed "breaking in" but they where usually high caps that where kinda hard to load the last round in, not damn near impossible. Second, I kept them loaded all the time and cycled them at the range with roughly 300rds a piece through them and they where still the same.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I use 9rd-ers. That tenth round always sticks up a bit. But I like the lower profile and the pinkie under grip.

I used those, too.

Same for my G27, I usually carry and shoot it with the flush fit mags, instead of having the extensions on them.

Link Posted: 4/3/2011 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#14]
No problems here!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE: Just bought an additional new mag. The spring is softer than in some of the offending mags. I know it must be a combination of "too stiff spring", and possibly long follower. Still the follower wouldn't come into play until the last round is loaded. Any other resistance is due to the spring.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#16]
There was a break-in period for my new mags...don't notice an issue anymore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I carry my Glock 30SF daily. Have not had any issues with it but I must admit that the magazines are rather tight but am able to get all ten rounds loaded. I am also a Certified Glock Armorer and have taken them apart to inspect them. No issues but have read other users problems on other forums that are identical to this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top