Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 5:34:10 PM EDT
so for the past couple months, I've been planning on picking up a Glock 20...did a bit of "pre-shopping" for it (storm lake barrel, lasermax, trijicons).

When I went to pick up the glock, ended up with a 20SF...was told that everything is interchangeable between the 2....now I'm seeing different model numbers for the storm lake barrels...I was under the impression that the only difference between the standard & SF models was a shorter grip depth..to the tune of about 3/32"..

any glock experts?

will the 20 barrel fit the 20SF?

I want to thank everyone for their replies...Just got off the phone with Glock....although he couldn't say about aftermarket barrels (didn't expect him to), he did assure me that the factory barrels between the G20 & G20SF ARE interchangeable.which should.mean the aftermarket barrels are as well!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
That's weird, they should be completely interchangeable.  Call them and ask, they'll know.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
They are the same barrel..
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Wtf?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wtf?

not sure which part  you're referring to..me or another reply?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They use the same barrel.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not saying the barrels you already bought won't work.  But the barrels on the SF models are not the same.  That is, unless they started using the newer barrels that came out on the SF models, on the new non SF guns also.  

In other words, I compared my older Gen3 G21 barrel to my SF G21 barrel and they were different in the lug area.  However, they may have started using that new design in all of the their guns.  So if you purchase a current production G20, it may have the new SF style barrel, which would make them the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top