Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2011 3:47:18 PM EDT
I am looking at getting either a glock 17 or 19, gen4.  I wanted a 17, but im a small guy and its not too easy to conceal a full size weapon.  im looking at the 19 right now, but am worried about accuracy compared to a full size and a guy at the gun store said they have bad muzzle flip. and yes i am going to have a chance to shoot both soon, just wanted to hear what you guys had to say. If you own both, shot both, or generally have any 2 cents youd like to throw in, id appreciate it!
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have fired both, and I don't find the recoil to be an issue.  The Gen4 has softer recoil.  My friend's wife can't weigh more than 100#, and her pistol is the G26.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Gen 4 G19, and it is one of the sweetest and easiest 9mm I have ever shot.
Muzzle flip is minimal (if at all), gun stays on traget during rapid fire sessions.
Don't listen to the gun shop guy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking at the two for concealed carry I would recommend the G19.  It has a great magazine capacity and the shortened barrel make it easy to conceal.  I have shot both and the difference in sight picture did not effect accuracy.  Also the muzzle flip is minimal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both, and neither has anything other than mild recoil.  I'm a average size dude, 5'9" 160 lbs., and with the right holster the 17 is'nt hard to conceal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems with my 4th gen 19, I've got roughly 2500rds through it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Im looking at a crossbreed STD... what are you refering to when you say the right holster to conceal a G17?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am looking at getting either a glock 17 or 19, gen4.  I wanted a 17, but im a small guy and its not too easy to conceal a full size weapon.  im looking at the 19 right now, but am worried about accuracy compared to a full size and a guy at the gun store said they have bad muzzle flip. and yes i am going to have a chance to shoot both soon, just wanted to hear what you guys had to say. If you own both, shot both, or generally have any 2 cents youd like to throw in, id appreciate it!

The guy work there? If not, the guy that does work there should have corrected that statement. Hard to believe all the bullshit that comes from gun stores.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow Todd is an amazing shot.  Lol, so that's what a SME looks like.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top