Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 2:30:57 AM EDT
Im a newbie on here! But I was looking thru this site,and I seen how some people who owns a Glock has the grooves colored in silver, where do I purchase the items to color mines, how much does it cost, and if you can let me know how to paint mines, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe if not to hard,you can post pics of how to do it,and pics of your glocks that have been painted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I colored in the letters on the left side (slide release side) of my G17 with a white crayon.
You can also use a China marker aka grease pencil. Just keep going over it until the grooves are filled in. Then wipe it clean with a dry cloth.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a sharpie?

Quoted:
I colored in the letters on the left side (slide release side) of my G17 with a white crayon.
You can also use a China marker aka grease pencil. Just keep going over it until the grooves are filled in. Then wipe it clean with a dry cloth.

HS1

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't touch my any of my guns with a Sharpie. The idea is filling the grooves with something colored, that is waxlike and isn't permanent. The pigment color in a Sharpie is liquid. I wouldn't try to die gun metal with liquid when a solid substance fills in the lettering better and isn't permanent.

Get whatever color crayon you like and go to town with it. If you don't like that particular color, scrub it off with a nylon brush and some CLP. Try again with a different color.

I like the white myself.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
SOP is Crayola "Tactical White" for lettering on firearms.  However, as I have mentioned in the past, Hk owners are allowed to substitue Crayola "Tactical Red".

YMMV  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I just colored mines in white,but how do I get the excess crayola off w/o rubbing the parts I colored in? Thanx

Quoted:
I wouldn't touch my any of my guns with a Sharpie. The idea is filling the grooves with something colored, that is waxlike and isn't permanent. The pigment color in a Sharpie is liquid. I wouldn't try to die gun metal with liquid when a solid substance fills in the lettering better and isn't permanent.

Get whatever color crayon you like and go to town with it. If you don't like that particular color, scrub it off with a nylon brush and some CLP. Try again with a different color.

I like the white myself.

HS1

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I did it, heres the pic, thanx for the help guys, im gonna color my HK USP compact .45 in red since I have the stainless steel slide.http://c.myspace.com/00023/15/06/23286051_l.jpg

Quoted:

I like the white myself.

HS1

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Now you have to shoot it till the slide gets hot to the touch, this will "cure" the wax into the lettering.  You will still be able to get it out if you want, but it will make the lettering more durable.

Nice pic!

That stainless Hk with red is gonna look killer, methinks.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget to color the mini Glock logo on the other side!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I tried doing all the lettering and it looked too ..........

So scrubbed it out with a toothbrush except for the HK , I think it looks better this way

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1  AND the S/N on yer slide!!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried doing all the lettering and it looked too ..........

So scrubbed it out with a toothbrush except for the HK , I think it looks better this way

img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/chrome_1/ChinaMarker.jpg

Nice guns!  I wonder how that Hk would look with the rest of the lettering in black?

Extra points for working the ILL logo in there.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanx for all the help fellows,and what does plus 1 mean? I see alot of you guys using +1/+2.  And I colored the mini glock h=85%

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  AND the S/N on yer slide!!  hy.gif

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I wonder how that Hk would look with the rest of the lettering in black?

Extra points for working the ILL logo in there.  

Black turns out to be the hardest color to do ..... who'd a thought

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I never thought of pin-striping my guns...

Don't ya mean PIMP striping

Hey if you don't like it , a toothbrush and some CLP and it's a virgin again ....

Besides It's not nearly as bad as the Colt 1911 I saw the other day with
the last supper engraved on the side !
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#16]
i do it to all of mine.. i do like that red though..

J
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#17]
this may help

click HERE
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey what if i shot it for awhile, will it eventually melt off the crayon?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Mine never did.  If yours does, please post pics
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The China markers will melt a little the first time they get hot , but after that
they take a set and remain until you scrub them out with a brush .
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll keep you posted, i'll be goin shooting soon, and chrome, sorry to bite off of you, but i colored the HK section on my USP compact .45 h=85%

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine never did.  If yours does, please post pics hr
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's mine, done in Crayola tactical white.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I want my G19 done in gold, bitches.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I want my G19 done in gold, bitches.

Oh no he didn't....Someone hold my wig while I whip his ass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Here goes my HK done, hope you guys like it.http://c.myspace.com/00023/23/08/23718032_l.jpg
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]
AWESOME!! I'm doing my g19 tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top