Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 3:39:16 AM EDT
I was cleaning my Glock and I noticed scratches on the left side rear slide rail. Then I held it up to the light and it looks like the rail is pulling from the frame (not even with the right side). Is this normal or should I run to my Armorer after he opens up( DAMN HURRICANE). I bought the gun in 2000 and probally have more than a case of ammo through it. Its not time for the annual inspection. Since last inspection, I might have shot 50 rounds. I hate to see my baby hurt. Any advice is welcome. I think my buying a 36 is halted, I might have to go with Kimber if this rail thing is a problem. I like to shoot my guns. All my money right now is tied up in my RRA no ban Entry Tatical ar15. MY BABY
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Definatly have the armorer look at it.  If it is broken or damaged, Glock will take care of you.  They always have given be great service.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a problem with my frame rails, but you might want to read this article about a problem that has been identified with some .40 caliber guns:

www.thegunzone.com/glock/problems.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The slide rail breakage problem only occured in a limited number of "E" series guns.  You can contact Glock by phone and they will tell you if your gun was included.  If it was, you can send the frame in for a free replacement.  Even if it wasn't, Glock will take care of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top