Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 12:49:19 AM EDT
What mods do you recommend for a glock 30 that I will carry with my ccw?  Thanks in advance!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
(2) g21 mags
(1) surefire
(assload) federal hydra shoks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Night sights would be a good idea.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, night sights are awsome I ran out today and had some Trijicon night sights installed.  Also I picked up a plug.  I am thinking about extending the mag release and the extending the slide lock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Glocks do just fine unmodified. I would suggest that you pass on the extended slide catch and mag release...you will find neither is needed. Use your weak hand to activate the locked slide and get the gun reloaded...this will work on all autopistols and is a good habit to get into. With the extended Glock catch on the smaller compacts, I have seen several that created problems when the shooters thumb would unintentionally activate it partway through a magazine due to recoil. Both the extended slide catch and the extended mag release are more likely to snag on clothing, etc. when carried CCW, precisely because they ARE extended, and I have seen that mag release button cause problems for shooters who...because of the longer button...no longer needed to shift their strong hand grip to push the button, creating a situation where the OTHER side of the catch that comes out and away from the frame, was blocked by their hand/grip.

I think a good set of tritium sights (night sights) is an excellent addition, and I personally like and use the Mercaldi Grip Decals on several of my Glocks because I like a rough grip texture for shooting, but the main thing you need for your new G30 is a good...really GOOD... belt and holster, (do not wimp out on the belt...very ijmportant!) and lots of good quality AMMO!

For sure, get a good small light like the SureFire E2e, C2 or similar (BrightFlashlightsand G&R Tactical here on the board are both great dealers and wonderful to deal with) and carry it as often as possible (remember, night sights cannot ID your target for you!)...you will NOT regret it!

Good shooting!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there any method to mount a light on it without the rail?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Not that I know of, although SureFire may have some way of mounting semi-permanantly using the trigger guard...not useable for CCW. Get the hand-held light as mentioned, it is much more useful for general purposes than a weapon mounted light anyway and less expensive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get the hand-held light as mentioned, it is much more useful for general purposes than a weapon mounted light anyway and less expensive.

+1   Not to mention much more versatile.

I've had a couple of railed Glocks and I haven't really had the urge to mount a light on it.  Remember, if the light's shining on something, you're also covering it with the muzzle.  In a world where I'm NOT going to shoot almost everything (and everybody), I have a problem with that.

Go hit surefire.com and you can snag a G2 and a dozen extra batteries for ~$50.  Best Grant you ever spent, trust me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Glocks do just fine unmodified. I would suggest that you pass on the extended slide catch and mag release...you will find neither is needed. Use your weak hand to activate the locked slide and get the gun reloaded...this will work on all autopistols and is a good habit to get into. With the extended Glock catch on the smaller compacts, I have seen several that created problems when the shooters thumb would unintentionally activate it partway through a magazine due to recoil. Both the extended slide catch and the extended mag release are more likely to snag on clothing, etc. when carried CCW, precisely because they ARE extended, and I have seen that mag release button cause problems for shooters who...because of the longer button...no longer needed to shift their strong hand grip to push the button, creating a situation where the OTHER side of the catch that comes out and away from the frame, was blocked by their hand/grip.

Good shooting!

+1      Forget the extended slide release, use your weak hand to rack the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top