Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 5:30:39 PM EDT
Has anyone had the grip on their Glock reduced by firms like Robar & others?  How do you like it?  Hows does this feel on the G21 series?  Are you satisfied?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 23 that was done by a no-name 'smith that came out good. You are correct in your response in the G21 thread that they simply cut away the backstrap and fill with Accraglass then paint it...of course it ain't quite as easy as it may look, and you void any warranty, and if you screw it up, you own it. In addition, like many unreversable mods to stock guns, it will, for the "average" potential buyer, make the gun LESS valuable rather than more so should you decide to sell it later. I would not have it done again to one of my guns, but you may like it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally, after a couple weeks a response!!!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, you void the liftime warranty. For you and if you decide to sell the purchaser
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the reduction done on my 21 and love it it is much more controlable now and i hane tightned up my groups it was done by Robar for around 150
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]
As a buyer of used Glocks, I always pass up the ones with grip reductions. They are worthless in my eyes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a Robar reduction on my Model 21. It helped a lot.
I have a small hand, and -- although I was pretty comfortable slow target shooting the 21, its huge grip made me feel like I was swinging a watermelon during any tactical drill.
Even after the grip reduction, it's still a bit big, but MUCH nicer for me, and I'd do it again.
At the range, several guys have them, and many inquire and appreciate after trying.
I have had several offers to buy.

(But, my next Glock is going to be a GAP...)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
IF you do it, you'll have a hard time if you need to sell it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top