Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 10:04:24 AM EDT
I'm new to AR15.com and even newer to the Handguns Forum.

Thought I would say "Hi" here at the Glock section since about 4 years ago I became "Glocked".

My definition for that is someone who had been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, whether they wanted to go there or not.

I started handgunning as a devotee of Skeeter Skelton (SAAs and Ruger Blackhawks). Then I became a cop and started with a S&W 28. In 1974 I qualified with a MKIV Government Model and carried one for or another of the 1911s until 1998.

When my third Commander (alloy frame) cracked I gave up on custom 1911s in disgust and went looking for a gun that didn't break. Hence the Glocks.

Looking forward to learning, and maybe passing on something occasinally.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello, I just bought a new Glock 23 and I have loved it.  It seems to be the best buy for the money.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Dave, looking foward to sharing info with ya. What Glock are you shooting?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
cmymud,

Despite getting away from the 1911, I haven't been able to get away from the 45 ACP. My favorite Glock would have to be the G21, but I confess to carrying a G30 most of the time. When circumstances require a little lower profile I also have the thinner G36.

For fun I have a couple 40s, the newest of which is a G35. Must say it is easy to shoot. Had a G20 for a while but all the factory ammo failed to live up to its billing when chased through the chronograph. Probably should get a 9mm someday but I never have been comfortable with that cartridge. Don't object to others who like it, I just can't warm up to it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome DaveT, I too am a longtime avid 1911 .45acp fan................However I recently acquired a G 22 which has taken my fancy
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi DaveT, welcome to the AR15.com Handguns forum!  So, you shoot "the big guy" eh?  I'd like to get a Glock 21 someday myself.  I've (gasp) never owned a .45 handgun, though I have been able to fire a couple over the years.  I've never been overly impressed with 1911 style pistols, I'm more partial to the Glock 21 or H&K USP45.  I haven't decided which I'm going to get.

I know it's most likely different from most Glockers on this board but I currently carry a 3rd Gen Glock 32 in 357 Sig.  It fits my hand well and is incredibly accurate and powerful for its size.

Anyway, again, welcome to the forums.  We all learn a lot here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top