Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 12:12:21 PM EDT
I ordered a G30 in May and have not recieved it yet? I called Glock in Georgia and their attitude with me sucked. I've been reading a few post around about the G30 going K-boom so now I'm wondering about the reliability of this weapon. Many of the stories are of them blowing with Factory ammo not Handloads. I like to use a +P for Self Defense but now I'm wondering weather I'd be relagated to standard loads only. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You never make a mistake when you buy a GLOCK. DOn't let people fill your head with BS about KBs. Bad ammo will KB any gun. I don't know how many times i have said that. Relax, if GLOCKs were bad 70% of the LEOs would not carry them as duty weapons.GLOCK is a fine weapon. Enjoy it or sell it to me

J
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
First mistake, buying a Glock.

Second mistake, thinking Glock gives a hoot about a civilian with a gun.

Let the flames begin.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Insert old White guy slapping forehead saying "Oh no not this shit again pic"........
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a shame some lack the knowledge to contribute to a thread with useful or thought provoking comments and or information.

J
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
A friend of mine just had a KB with his G30.  I wasn't there, but he told me he was shooting Federal ball ammo.  I do know that the Glock .45 ACP barrel doesn't fully support the bottom of the case at the feed ramp.  He has bought an after market barrel that he says supports the round much better.  Needless to say he was a little shook up about his experience.  With that said I've got a G36 and I'm still shooting Winchesters.

-YJ
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I've owned about 7 Glocks, all were great.

I'm down to 3 right now... 20,29 and 33.

Have had 17,21 and 2 -23's.

No problems yet, at all.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I would bet my life on my G30, I do every day.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]

I aint saying a word
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#15]
BEING A GLOCK ARMORER FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS AND WE ARE A STOCKING DEALER. YEARS AGO WE HAD 2 GLOCK 30S BLOW UP AND THROUGH THE MAG WE, BLEW THE FRAME AND BBL. BOTH TIMES THE AMMO WAS FEDERAL 230RN AMERICAN EAGLE. AFTER SOME CONVERSATION WITH GLOCK IT WAS DETERMINED THAT THE SLIDE WAS NOT IN BATTERY AND THE ROUND WENT OFF AND DID ITS DAMAGE. SINCE THIS EXPERIANCE WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY MORE PROBLEMS AND HEARD AND CANNOT PROVE THAT GLOCK DID MAKE A SMALL CHANGE TO THE FIRING PIN, AND BY THE WAY GLOCK DID MAKE GOOD ON THE 2 GUNS - THEY REPLACED THE GUNS NO CHARGE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Glock is gooooood.  I love mine.  If I was not married and it would be possible to marry a handgun, I would ask my Glock to marry me.  Then we could have baby Glocks together.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I AM A GLOCK ARMORER BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE CAPSLOCK KEY.

Oh, its right here:

Relax.  It's just a joke.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#19]
i like glocks a lot but i have never handled a 30. when i did get around to getting another 45, i decided to get an h&k usp instead. i have never been happier. with that, i say get the 30, if you do not like it, trade it for something else. it really comes down to what fits and how you shoot with whatever you choose.  
mp
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A friend of mine just had a KB with his G30.  I wasn't there, but he told me he was shooting Federal ball ammo.  I do know that the Glock .45 ACP barrel doesn't fully support the bottom of the case at the feed ramp.  He has bought an after market barrel that he says supports the round much better.  Needless to say he was a little shook up about his experience.  With that said I've got a G36 and I'm still shooting Winchesters.

-YJ

Ok I screwed the story all up. The KB happened in his G22 and was the result of a case head separation.  The ammo was Ultramax remanufactured 40S&W.  He first thought the problem was caused by the Glock's barrel feedramp which undercuts the rear of the case.  So he bought a aftermarket barrel that fully supported the case.  KA-BOOM!  Using remanufactured .357 SIG ammo from Ultramax he had a THIRD KA-BOOM!  He now knows it was the ammo.    By telling this story I'm not knocking Ultramax or remanufactured ammo.  I'm just trying to clear up my earlier mis-statement about Glocks and KaBooms.  I'm not selling my Glock.

-YJ
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#22]
My G30 has over 5000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.  I have never had to replace any parts.  I clean it after each range session and it looks just as new as the day I brought it home.  I carry it every day and would bet my life on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#24]
If you ordered a standard G30 back in May and have not received it yet there is definitely a problem somewhere...I see them everywhere I go... new in the box. The 30 is a very nice handgun and you should have no problems with it so long as you feed it good factory ammo and maintain it reasonably well. I would pass on the +P stuff for carry use...the .45 does not need the small bit of extra velocity and you don't need the extra expense, recoil and wear on the gun. Even with the shorter barrel, the G30 will deliver velocities about the same as those from a 5in 1911. I like the WW SXT 230 or the Gold Dot myself.

I think that the G30 is a good choice for you, provided it meets your criteria for a CCW handgun size-wise. (I find them a bit too wide for me to carry comfortably in an IWB rig) I would, however, get to a dealer somewhere and buy one now rather than keep waiting for months on a standard, in-stock item for many mid-size or larger dealers. I am a bit surprised about the attitude issue with Glock in Ga...they have always been great anytime I have dealt with them...but it has been some time since I did that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My G30 has over 5000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.  I have never had to replace any parts.  I clean it after each range session and it looks just as new as the day I brought it home.  I carry it every day and would bet my life on it.

Funny I've only had my G30 for about six months, it too, is carried everyday and FWIW, yours looks as if it's been a velvet bag compared to mine. Heck the finish is already wearing off the muzzle end of mine, and your looks like it's never been exposed to the sun.

How's it possible to carry your G30 "ever-day" without a hint of holster wear?

As ya got the fancy lettering job, while at it, explain how it that letter shows no wear from daily carry?

The gun has seen 5000 rounds and yet the slide release doesn't even have any of the edge finish worn off, ya never used the slide release at all in all those rounds?

Something don't seem on the up and up here, I don't even see and slide wear (especially where the slide release catches the slide stop notch, something should definately show the result of 5000 rounds) which is clearly visible on mine and it has seen no-where near the round count your claiming....

Whatdaya carry from the gun-safe to the bedside table, and back to the gunsafe the next morning?

Is that the type of carrying it every day were talkin about?

My daily carried Cold Steel Recon 1 also looks like shit compared to the CRKT in your pic.

Has it EVER cut anything?

Sorry for the hi-jack, just could help but notice the differences between mine and kaotic's.......

BTW, I love my G30, and wouldn't worry about your purchase.

Mike

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Glock is gooooood.  I love mine.  If I was not married and it would be possible to marry a handgun, I would ask my Glock to marry me.  Then we could have baby Glocks together.

oh man... bad bad mental images...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-YJ

Ok I screwed the story all up. The KB happened in his G22 and was the result of a case head separation.  The ammo was Ultramax remanufactured 40S&W.  He first thought the problem was caused by the Glock's barrel feedramp which undercuts the rear of the case.  So he bought a aftermarket barrel that fully supported the case.  KA-BOOM!  Using remanufactured .357 SIG ammo from Ultramax he had a THIRD KA-BOOM!  He now knows it was the ammo.    By telling this story I'm not knocking Ultramax or remanufactured ammo.  I'm just trying to clear up my earlier mis-statement about Glocks and KaBooms.  I'm not selling my Glock.

-YJ

Thanks for the corrected version!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I've put several thousand rounds of Wolf through mine and it's never ever had a problem. It's actually my favorite gun. It lives in the bedroom and after the range, it usually gets nothing more than a wipe down of the ramp and a toothbrush to the breach face to get the flaky red sealant from the Wolf primers off.

I'll clean it after 200-300 rounds though, being that it's the house gun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Buy a Glock, heck buy three.  They are small and don't take up much room.  You should have several.  All this KB stuff is pure shit.  Look at it this way:  There are approx. 900,000 LEO's in this country.  70% of these fine people including myself are carrying Glocks.  That makes 630,000 Glock out there at least, and I'm sure there are many cops who carry Glock backups.  The reason you hear about Glocks that blow up is that there are so damn many of them out there.  Law enforcement administrators are very concerned with liability.  Do you think that Glock would command 70% of the law enforcement market if there were liability problems.  Use some common sense people.  The vast majority of KB's are ammo problems (including factory ammo).  Yes, this same ammo blows up Sigs, HK's and whatever else it is in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
ummmm 3 kabooms with the same gun? how many times did glock replace it? a true KB usually destroys the frame.

That definantly sound like a serious AMMO issue.

mike

Yes a very serious ammo issue.  I don't think it damaged his frame.  His mags were complete losses.  I'll ask him and get back to you.

-YJ
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#33]
The majority of KB's that occur do so with civilian guns.  Why?  Because LEO's don't normally shoot reloads (private or commercial) in their guns.  And yes I think the bean-counters do care.  Maybe not about my ass, but what will happen to their ass if I sue them for an injury that occured due to their poor decisions.  When officers are injured due to equipment malfunctions people take notice (especially attourneys).  In the LEO market the prices for duty weapons are very competative anyway.  Glocks are used because they work, they are extremely durable and officers shoot them well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I respectfully have several problems with your arguments.  First, comparing Kimbers with Glocks is like comparing Hummers with Ford Explorers.  They are both guns and yes cops use them both but how many agencies can equip their officers with Kimbers.  Kimber doesn't even show up on the radar scope when it comes to LEO issued guns.  Don't get me wrong.  This is not a criticism of Kimbers as they are fine weapons.   But, they are not a realistic comparison as far as price is concernd.  I was referring to SIGS and Berettas.  Second, I really don't believe that most civilians shoot more than most LEOs.  Most agencies qualify four times annually.  A standard qualification is around 50 rnds.  That is 200 rounds fired simply during qualification and most LEOs train outside of qualifications.  I doubt most civilians shoot even that much.  The people on this and other firearms boards are not your avearage gun owning citizen.  Most people who buy a handgun rarely shoot the thing (unfortunately).  The last comment I have is that some of the commercial loads that have caused blown guns have been proven to be the fault of the factory (see the most recent in Portland with 2 G21s).  I respect what you are trying to say but I think you are sounding alarms when they are not needed.  I happen to know the Glock LEO rep in my territory.  I know that after the two G21s blew in Portland, he was there the next day taking care of the problem which turned out to not be Glock's problem at all.  I also know of a local deputy that bulged his barrel in a G23 after firing on top of a squib load ( the barrel stayed intact which says alot about their strength) .  That deputy had a loaner in his holster before the day was out compliments of Glock.  He also had a new barrel in his gun in less than 2 weeks compliments of Glock.  I could give you other examples but I think you get the point.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I got totally burned out on Glocktalk. Mainly because I'm noticing that MEN on gun boards are like a bunch of damn women. Nitpicking and gossiping and worring about the neighbors and what they have.

That being said. Glock has a huge following. And I've seen nothing but praise for the company from people on the Glock forum.
One thing I have noticed quite often, amid the constant drone of men acting like women when posting about guns is that I don't see Glock people travelling outside the Glock realm to trash other brands. But there always seems to be people coming TO a Glock forum with bad things to say.
I apologize if it's the same in other forums, as I haven't really seen that many others. But the few I have browsed don't seem to have the same problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top