Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 7:26:57 PM EDT
Its been a while since ive last posted, but I come here to ask you, the professionals.

I'll quite stroking you off and get with the question:

I have a model 36.

What all do I need to change out to accomplish a 3.5 trigger pull?

Currently ive change out my disconnector from the glock store. I also ordered another trigger spring. The package said 6 lbs on the trigger spring.

I checked the trigger poundage after swapping those parts out and the average poundage reads 5lbs. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
3.5 disconnector is all you need.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if I should can the 6 lb trigger spring then ?

what am I not doing right?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You will need a competition (lighter) firing pin spring to get near a true 3.5lb. pull. Beware that this spring is not for serious use as it may promote light primer strikes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for your reply,

so, I shouldnt swap out the firing pin spring if this is my cc gun?

I dont have an issue with a stock Glock. I have a friend that has a very smooth trigger and I shoot with his pistol better than I do with my own. Thats why I want to replicate his trigger poundage.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You're welcome. If this is a carry gun, I would not change anything other than the connector if you must change anything at all.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thanks for your reply,

I dont have an issue with a stock Glock. I have a friend that has a very smooth trigger and I shoot with his pistol better than I do with my own. Thats why I want to replicate his trigger poundage.

The trick is usually to couple a 3.5# disconnect with a NY1 (od green) trigger spring, giving you a smooth steady trigger pull, without the "stop" before the break that stock glock triggers have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks for your reply,

The trick is usually to couple a 3.5# disconnect with a NY1 (od green) trigger spring, giving you a smooth steady trigger pull, without the "stop" before the break that stock glock triggers have.

This is a good combination for some although it doesn't yield a 3.5# trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top