Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 3:57:44 PM EDT
Hello Guys

I have a question I was hoping you guys could answer.  I have three Glock 23's and a OD Frame for a G19/G23.  Can I just change the barrel and throw the slide on my OD frame and make it a G19? Also is the extractor different between 19 and the G23? I have a G19 ejector in the OD Frame.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm and 40S&W have different bases diameters so it won't work.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Only difference between a 9 frame and 40 frame is the locking block and ejector.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Only difference between a 9 frame and 40 frame is the locking block and ejector.

Wrong.  The G19 and G23 both share the same locking block.  The only difference is the ejector which is part of the Trigger Mechanism Housing, a $10 part from Glockparts.com.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.  The G19 and G23 both share the same locking block.  The only difference is the ejector which is part of the Trigger Mechanism Housing, a $10 part from Glockparts.com.

This exactly!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This exactly!

Yes indeed, THIS is the correct information.

Change out the Trigger Housing, which holds the Ejector (9mm and .40 Ejector are different), and slap on the slide/barrel/recoil spring assembly, and that's all there is to it.  It will be no problem at all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can I just change the barrel and throw the slide on my OD frame and make it a G19?

if you are using a G23 slide, then you need a .40-9mm conversion barrel.
Also is the extractor different between 19 and the G23?

a little, the 9mm extractor will be more reliable but the .40 should work

since you have an extra frame, you might as well just build a whole 9mm top end for it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
This

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This exactly!

Yes indeed, THIS is the correct information.

Change out the Trigger Housing, which holds the Ejector (9mm and .40 Ejector are different), and slap on the slide/barrel/recoil spring assembly, and that's all there is to it.  It will be no problem at all.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top