Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 8:20:29 PM EDT
In Wyoming the state law reads that the following is a no-no, "portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose."  My take on this is Bars. Yes?  So, I can carry in a restaurant, as long as I don't go into the bar portion, right?

My next question is the same for Montana.  Their law seems a little foggier.  Here it is, "a room in which alcoholic beverages are sold, dispensed, and consumed under a license issued under Title 16 for the sale of alcoholic beverages for the consumption on the premises."  Does this mean, no carry in restaurants like Applebees, that serve alcohol?  I do end up in Billings quite frequently.  Montana does recognize Wyoming's permit holders.   I just want to be more than sure about all the no-nos, before I carry in Montana.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
FL law is like Wyoming's. I can carry into a place like Applebee's but cant sit at the bar. Reads almost the same. Cant go to the area where the primary source of income is from the sale and consumption of alcohol. Resturaunt part is ok because its primarily for food.

Cant help you with Montana. Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Arizona has that B.S. alcohol rule too, here in Nevada we have no rule pertaining to carrying in a place that serves or distributes alcohol, the way I see it it would cut down the places I could carry by about half
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]
We are working on getting rid of that stupid law right now in Virginia!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top