Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2004 11:18:20 AM EDT
Hey all... I currently have a NYS CCW and am looking to "broaden my horizons" since I travel a lot. I have been looking into the FL and NH CCW Non-Residents permits. Anyone have any pros/cons?... or opinions as to other "better" states to get the non-res permit?
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
since Fl permits are reconized in so many states I would definately get one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I too am in the same position.  The problem I find is certain states that you have travel through which border us i.e Mass. & NJ make it very hard to get through to the more gun friendly states (if you are traveling over the road).  From what I understand neither of the above mentioned even allow peacable journey.  I will be watching your topic as I am also interested.  By the way Penn. is pretty easy to get non resident, as is NH.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Being a CCW holder in the great( firearm friendly) state  of FL. I would seriously recommend getting one. Like Natem4 said. A FL permit is reconized by the following states : Arkansas,Georgia, Idaho,Indiana,Kentucky,Louisana,Michigan,Mississippi,Montana,New Hampshire,North Dakota,Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Vermont,& Wyoming.
Here's the contact number for the Division of Licensing (904)- 488-5381 and their website is
licweb.dos.state.fl.us/weapons/index
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Being a CCW holder in the great( firearm friendly) state  of FL. I would seriously recommend getting one. Like Natem4 said. A FL permit is reconized by the following states : Arkansas,Georgia, Idaho,Indiana,Kentucky,Louisana,Michigan,Mississippi,Montana,New Hampshire,North Dakota,Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Vermont,& Wyoming.
Here's the contact number for the Division of Licensing (904)- 488-5381 and their website is

Florida permits are also good in NC.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Florida permits are also good in NC.

them too...
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#6]
*UPDATE*

I received my NH permit in just over a week... VERY EASY to get... I have all my paperwork done for my FL permit... but I am just holding off since it is a little more pricy... it is a lot harder getting everything together for the FL permit... since fingerprinting without being a criminal seems to take an act of god to get done... if you work normal hours... I was lucky to have a buddy working at SUNY Albany Police... so he took care of me... but all the other police locally including the state police have "scheduled times"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Get yourself to PA. They will give NY holders a CCW permit good for 5 years at a shot for $25 in 10 minutes. As a bonus it "permits" you to carry in 6 other states.

SorryOciffer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top