Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2009 3:27:55 PM EDT

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1774

What say you guys?  I think that this is good for us sheepdogs to identify eachother.  No badge/banner = Badguy.

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]

That's be the day! We'd all be walking around looking like we're in a Mister America pageant! That sash needs more bolt-face logo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
While you are busy putting that on, your wife just got dead.

Verbal commands combined with force are your friend...

"STOP ATTACKING ME!"

"YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

"STOP HURTING MY WIFE!"

Stuff like that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
gey
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone was not hall monitor growing up and now want to feel important.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]

I don't want anyone knowing I carry. Why the hell would I want everyone to know?

HEY, PLEASE SHOOT ME FIRST!!111!!!!111!1!!1!1
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
He looks like a school crossing guard, haha!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

He looks like a school crossing guard, haha!!

I feel safe.........don't you

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Just try to imagine yourself dying while wearing that ridiculous looking thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't want anyone knowing I carry. Why the hell would I want everyone to know?
HEY, PLEASE SHOOT ME FIRST!!111!!!!111!1!!1!1

I don't think it's meant to be worn all the time, only when you think the shooting is about to start.
If I have time to put that silly thing on before shooting, I'd be getting the hell out of there, though.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
On the flip side, you deploy this after you shoot.  This might be good for you as your backup (responding LEOs) will see you and know that they are dealing with a CCWer who has been trained and passed a stringent background check.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#11]
No thanks,I will keep my CCW badge right on my belt where it belongs!
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't it just be easier, and considerably more fashionable, to simply carry openly?

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
anti shoot banner looks like a target to me
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Right next to the Radio Shack police scanner, Motorola FRS radio, and jumbo size pepper spray!
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right next to the Radio Shack police scanner, Motorola FRS radio, and jumbo size pepper spray!

Have we met?

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't Shoot Me Banner

This is a caveman simple solution to the problem of misidentification of good guys in a fight.� Already in use by several police and security groups, the Don't Shoot Me banner can be carried all day long in a very small "on belt" pouch no larger than a cell phone, and it can be deployed one handed in approximately two seconds.

This should work out very well.  It will let the police know to shoot the dead guy on the ground instead.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't Shoot Me Banner

This is a caveman simple solution to the problem of misidentification of good guys in a fight.� Already in use by several police and security groups, the Don't Shoot Me banner can be carried all day long in a very small "on belt" pouch no larger than a cell phone, and it can be deployed one handed in approximately two seconds.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ProductImages/011_11.JPG

This should work out very well.  It will let the police know to shoot the dead guy on the ground instead.

and not shoot the bad guy who slit your throat and stole your sash.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why have a badge at all?  Badges offer no authority in and of themselves.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Why not just open carry if you're gonna wear that gawd-awful thing? and BTW why have your gun out when the cops show up? I'd think the drill is:Draw,shoot,reholster.

When the popo show up you'd just be standing there pointing at the stiff saying "there's your man"

And fuck trying to hold someone til the cops show up,they drop their weapon they can run for all I care.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
The idea is that after you do your sheepdog duties you then take the banner out of a pouch on your belt.  Then you drape it on and continue scanning the area while the cops are on the way.  They then see a good guy with the sash and don't fire upon you.  It basically differentiates you from the wolves.  I personally think it should say sheepdog rather than CCW.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The idea is that after you do your sheepdog duties you then take the banner out of a pouch on your belt.  Then you drape it on and continue scanning the area while the cops are on the way.  They then see a good guy with the sash and don't fire upon you.  It basically differentiates you from the wolves.  I personally think it should say sheepdog rather than CCW.

You're not going to convince people here.  Not because it's a bad idea, but because it's a very bad idea and completely unnecessary.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

While you are busy putting that on, your wife just got dead.

Verbal commands combined with force are your friend...

"STOP ATTACKING ME!"

"YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

"STOP HURTING MY WIFE!"

Stuff like that.

Why would you be "putting it on"?

I think you're supposed to wear it all the time!

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Put me down for 2 banners one of the $100 $85 combat pens, a Tactical Hoodie and one hand smack across that woman's ass.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#25]
This is all a joke isnt it?  Seriously, this isnt real is it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
It's a good idea, but honestly how many cops are gonna know what the "CCW" means?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#27]
lol
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm going to laugh when bad guys start wearing these things....
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This. Seriously!

Just OC if you want to announce that you're armed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Don't Shoot Me Banner

This should work out very well. It will let the police know to shoot the dead guy on the ground instead.

Don't care for the banner, but that's a pretty nice turd cutter she's rockin  
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't Shoot Me Banner

This should work out very well. It will let the police know to shoot the dead guy on the ground instead.

That's what I was thinkin'.

The banner is kind of a stupid idea.  When are you gonna have time to throw it on............................are you even gonna remember it in the stress following a defensive shooting...........................are you gonna be tryin' to put that gimmick on, while the cops are on their way, instead of topping off your weapon, scanning for other threats, getting to a covered position, etc. etc.....................................officers are NOT trained to look for idiotic shit like that, and just because you have some ghey-assed banner on isn't gonna make them treat you any different than they normally would.....................

Your banner is this.  You see them coming, holster your weapon or lock and clear it and put it on the ground in front of you, put your hands THE FUCK UP, and do whatever they tell you......................yes, tell them YOU are the victim, absolutey, but continue to comply, and DO NOT have a weapon in your hands when they arrive.

That banner is well-intentioned, but ghey as fuck.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why have a badge at all?  Badges offer no authority in and of themselves.

Recalibrate your sarcasm meter!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:06:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Only $35!!!

thanks OP!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Noticed that!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not going to convince people here.  Not because it's a bad idea, but because it's a very bad idea and completely unnecessary.

This is a situation where the solution creates many more problems than the one it is trying to solve in the first place.

Not just no,Hell no.

No right thinking cop is going to act any differently rolling onto a scene just because some guy is wearing a gay green sash . I take that back,sash guy is going to command my attention and he is the first guy I will shoot or taze if I can't put him in cuffs

Take the money you would have spent for this and the space on your belt and replace it with a reload and you will be far ahead.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Just a trashy whore...but she would be ok for the stable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Why does this keep coming up?  I think some people have a serious identity crisis.

CCW is not law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Don't Shoot Me Banner

Why waste a spot on your belt where you'd be better off carrying an extra magazine pouch ?

That whole concept behind that sash is dumb, dumb, dumb.

Nice ass on her though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Only on Arfcom can we go from talking how dumb an idea is to the enjoyable aspect of a female model's butt!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Only on Arfcom can we go from talking how dumb an idea is to the enjoyable aspect of a female model's butt!

+1

And I approve of said butt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No, it's real.  It's a takeoff of the same product which is intended for undercover/off duty police officers and the like to use to help prevent misidentificaton/"friendly fire" shooting incidents, help with identification during active shooter scenarios, etc.  The idea is to be instantly identifiable to responding LEOs.

"CCW" is retarded though.  It needs to say "CALL POLICE".

Quoted:
Why does this keep coming up?  I think some people have a serious identity crisis.

I think for many it's that they want to avoid hassles, and more importantly, avoid being shot by LEOs during an incident.

Few people in the general public, and even a significant portion of LEOs are barely aware of, or don't have a good understanding of, carry by private citizens.  LEO accoutrements aren't because they want to "play cop", but because they want the benefit of the doubt that traditionally extends to LE from the generally clueless.  I'm not saying I necessarily support the practice, but I understand the interest.  Off duty and undercover LEOs have some of the same issues and taking a critical look at the ideas and practices that develop from that community to avoid "friendly fire" shootings is worthwhile IMO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I can't believe Gabe Suarez would even allow something that idiotic on his site.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#44]
That is almost hilarious
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It's a good idea, but honestly how many cops are gonna know what the "CCW" means?

Cweedance Cleawatew Wevival?

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#46]
This is right there with the tactical sandals.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#47]
A sash? You're shitting me, right?

She does have a nice ass though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't think she is all that.  Her ass is kind of big and misshapen.  Either way as a sheepdog I don't have time to focus on these things.  I have to clean my gun and prepare for tomorrow.

What is wrong with this idea?  It is a valid concern that this "sash" is trying to remedy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Abso-fuckin'-lutely.  Good call.

Get some good training, and advice, and you'll KNOW how to avoid bein' shot by the good guys.  Hell, read the advice I gave in my post above.  Do THAT, and you're ahead of the power curve.  Do THAT, and it's a hell of alot less likely you're gonna get shot by the good guys.

That's why I said the idiot-banner is well-intentioned, but ghey as fuck.

And yes, I noticed that ass too..................and smiled at that ass too........................
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"CCW" is retarded though.  It needs to say "CALL POLICE".

Now that is a great idea!

Remember when those shades you put in your windshield when you parked your car first came out?

One side had any old thing or even blank, the other side had in big letters "CALL 911" or similar.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top