Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2009 9:33:54 PM EDT
I received this holster yesterday.

First impressions?

Two week turnaround for a custom leather holster.  Unbeatable.  I first contacted Rhome on 5/20, by 5/27 my holster was made and ready to ship out.  I paid the Paypal bill three days later and received it today.  

Secondly, my biggest complaint is that I noticed after I already received this one is that they now make one that has wrap-around belt snaps instead of belt loops. :wtc:

I wore this for about four hours this evening and initial impressions are outstanding.  The cant of the backup is excellent, indexes almost identically to the magazine.  The backup is in and out perfectly, good retention yet not too hard to take out.  The magazine well is very stiff but I wrapped a magazine in the enclosed sheet of wax paper and stuck in there to sit overnight to stretch it out a bit.

Anyway, I'm not sure I am going to continue to carry it on the belt like this but I will carry it for the next week or so to get impressions.

The only reason I say I'm not sure I will is because I like the idea of having it in my weakside front pocket 100% of the time and having it a few different places just throws another monkey wrench into the reflexive side of things.

Anyway, here are a couple pics:

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com
[email protected]

Link Posted: 6/4/2009 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
So is the draw like a SOB holster or a cross draw? I like the idea, I am just trying to get a grasp on the draw?
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm left handed if that helps.  The magazine is at 3'oclock and the jframe is directly behind it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm left handed if that helps.  The magazine is at 3'oclock and the jframe is directly behind it.

So its a weak hand draw?

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So its a weak hand draw?

Yeah, the way a BUG should be accessed.

Kind of a cool idea.............never seen something quite like that.  

I too, as you, like to have that BUG in a front pocket though.

Looks like a very well made holster though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the BUG/mag carrier a standard design or did he make it to your specs?
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I might have to check this out. I am not exactly thrilled about a weak-hand draw, but I could see it working. I like the idea, I would just have to play with it personally to see if it fits. Now I just need to get my 442 back from my brother.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing "standard" about is that it holds a BUG and a magazine.  You can have whatever gun and mag setup you want.  He can even set up the BUG in front of the magazine butt forward (crossdraw setup).
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I might have to check this out. I am not exactly thrilled about a weak-hand draw, but I could see it working. I like the idea, I would just have to play with it personally to see if it fits. Now I just need to get my 442 back from my brother.

One would surely prefer a BUG weak hand since, generally, more people are accustomed to a weak hand BUG draw than a weak hand primary draw.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The only thing "standard" about is that it holds a BUG and a magazine.  You can have whatever gun and mag setup you want.  He can even set up the BUG in front of the magazine butt forward (crossdraw setup).

So it's made to order.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#10]
dupe

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the review, I've never seen that before.

I also see that it's up for sale over at Glocktalk.  Is it just because you want the one with the different straps or is there something else you don't like about it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the review, I've never seen that before.

I also see that it's up for sale over at Glocktalk.  Is it just because you want the one with the different straps or is there something else you don't like about it?

This is why:

Quoted:
The only reason I say I'm not sure I will is because I like the idea of having it in my weakside front pocket 100% of the time and having it a few different places just throws another monkey wrench into the reflexive side of things.

After wearing it for the better part of a week off and on, I just can't convince myself that it's okay to have it in my pocket half of the time and my belt the other.  I want it to be in the same place every time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top