Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 5:39:35 PM EDT
As I was peering into my gun safe today it struck me it's kind of a Noah's ark of handguns.  Two Berettas, two 1911's, two revolvers, etc.  Caliber and barrel lengths are the main differences.

So here's my question:  anybody restrict themselves to one type of handgun system for carrying concealed?  As an example, my Beretta 92FS (9mm DA/SA semi-auto) has the exact manual of arms as my Beretta 96 Vertec (40 S&W DA/SA semi-auto).  So no matter which Beretta I carried, it operates the same way.  Ditto for duplicate Glocks.

The benefit is I could weed out some of the guns I never seem to shoot any more, but still have a little handgun variety in my life.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the same thing over the last couple of years.  I discovered having single actions with frame mounted safties, double actions with decocking levers only, and others with slide mounted safties was just too much to keep straight under stress.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
one of the main reasons i'm going with the 4" XD and 3" sub depending on weather....exact same pistol except for size
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
1911's for me, baby, if allowed.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh. I guess I've done the same, though it wasn't a conscious decision. I've got K-frame revolvers in various barrel lengths and calibers and my carry choices are a K-T P32, a Kahr MK9 or a Glock 21. The only carry gun I've considered adding recently was either a Glock 30 or 36.

Come to think of it, my .22 "trainer" semi is a Browning Buckmark - external safety but hammerless. Hm.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I try my best to stay to one system.  Simplicity and speed in reactions.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Stick to one system, as much as I like a good 1911, and I've owned several, I'm issued a Glock. I love my Glock, but you're fooling yourself if you switch weapons and expect to use any of them well under stress.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, the more I think about it the more I plan to just go with the one handgun.  Granted a 1911 manual of arms also transfers to a Browning HP as both are single-action semi-autos.

Leaning toward going back to the Beretta after carrying the Glock 23 for several years.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I stick with my G22 and G27. Not only do I not have to worry about any extra's under stress, but I can still carry the same extra mags for either pistol.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I stick to the same mode for carry.

All my defense pistols are Glocks. At one point I had several Glocks and a Kahr Arms K9.

I ended up getting rid of the Kahr because even though their deployment is the same, ie. no external safety/hammer..The trigger pull was not.  I couldn't get acquinted to the Kahr trigger pull, then when I shot the Kahr enough to get the hang of it and went back to my Glock  I was thrown off.  The Kahr had to go.

Sly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top