Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:22:52 PM EDT
I'm leaning to my Smith J frame over my Smith 3913 and full size M&P 9, but am interested in others opinions to consider.  This will be a 2 week road trip from Illinois to Texas.  Spending most of the time in Texas.

SMITH J .38 +p

When I lived in a state that allowed CCW, I always carried my Smith 642.  I liked it because it was ultra concealable and I could carry it IWB or in my pocket.  I liked IWB while driving and pocket when walking around.  I liked having it instantly accessible with my hand on it in my pocket.  My preference has been, right or wrong, to carry what I could present the fastest and pocket has been fastest for me.  But it is slower to fire and only five rounds.

SMITH 3913 9mm

I also have a Smith 3913 9mm I have carried outside on the hip, but it requires a cover garment of some sort.  I'd likely get an appendix IWB for it also and it's plenty concealable.  Advantage is a few more rounds of ammo.  Disadvantage is that pocket carry won't work for me.

M&P 9

I never carried my M&P, and I am attracted to the huge amount of ammo, but don't have a holster wonder if it will be too big.

-OR-

I could get a Ruger LCP and have a few more rounds in my pocket and a reload.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm leaning to my Smith J frame over my Smith 3913 and full size M&P 9, but am interested in others opinions to consider.  This will be a 2 week road trip from Illinois to Texas.  Spending most of the time in Texas.

SMITH J .38 +p

When I lived in a state that allowed CCW, I always carried my Smith 642.  I liked it because it was ultra concealable and I could carry it IWB or in my pocket.  I liked IWB while driving and pocket when walking around.  I liked having it instantly accessible with my hand on it in my pocket.  But it is slower and five rounds.

SMITH 3913 9mm

I also have a Smith 3913 9mm I have carried outside on the hip, but it requires a cover garment of some sort.  I'd likely get an appendix IWB for it also and it's plenty concealable.  Advantage is a few more rounds of ammo.  Disadvantage is that pocket carry won't work for me.

M&P 9

I never carried my M&P, and I am attracted to the huge amount of ammo, but don't have a holster wonder if it will be too big.

-OR-

You're joking, right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SMITH J .38 +p

When I lived in a state that allowed CCW, I always carried my Smith 642.  I liked it because it was ultra concealable and I could carry it IWB or in my pocket.  I liked IWB while driving and pocket when walking around.  I liked having it instantly accessible with my hand on it in my pocket.  But it is slower and five rounds.

SMITH 3913 9mm

M&P 9

-OR-

You're joking, right?

That's not an opinion I am willing to consider.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Glock 19.

Ok, ok, seriously I'd go with the Smith 3913 or maybe the J frame.  You haven't carried the M&P before so go with something you're more experienced with.

Why not carry both?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]

nothing wrong with your M&P either unless it is to big
in that case take it with you in the car and when you get out
have one of your others on you
I wouldnt trust my life to a 380 ruger LCP
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get a Glock 19.

Ok, ok, seriously I'd go with the Smith 3913 or maybe the J frame.  You haven't carried the M&P before so go with something you're more experienced with.

Why not carry both?  

Ok, I could carry both.  

I had thought of keeping the M&P or maybe my 1911 in the car incase I had to fight my way back home after McCain whips Obama despite exit polls to the contrary and his supporters riot in the streets.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a Glock 19.

Why not carry both?  

Ok, I could carry both.  

I had thought of keeping the M&P or maybe my 1911 in the car incase I had to fight my way back home after McCain whips Obama despite exit polls to the contrary and his supporters riot in the streets.  

Thats the spirit!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Carry the one you shoot better with.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a Glock 19.

Why not carry both?  

Ok, I could carry both.  

Thats the spirit!

I have that thought every day! That's why I keep my AR in the trunk with plenty of loaded magazines. Go McCain!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Haha i thought I was the only one who kept the AR in the car with me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top