Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2008 5:44:47 PM EDT
Someone mentioned this to me today.  Seems like a good idea for me (for several reasons)...

anybody have one, have a link?
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. One of the mandatory ones to have besides your own states. Best of all its issued by Charles Bronson.

Florida Department of Licensing

Who honors FL license

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a FL CCW yet. I do have the packet, fingerprint card fingerprinted, and the form filled out. Just need to get to the bank to notarize my sig and its on its way.

I DO have a Utah CCW (I live in Ohio, got it when I lived in KY.)

The combination of those two and your home state gives you about the best coverage you can hope to get. Since FL (and I assume UT, I got mine in state years ago) honor most training courses its only a matter of paperwork and $$$.

They already have you on file, why not get as many as you can.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in TX and it's the only one I have.  As a Vet you just send in a copy of DD214.It was cheaper till TX got on the stick but I too have Chucks autograph. SS
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Someone mentioned this to me today.  Seems like a good idea for me (for several reasons)...

anybody have one, have a link?

Currahee,

I've looked into this as well, and seems like a good deal for me (Virginian).  BUT, you really need to read the fine-print, as some states may honor "FLA resident" CCW/CHL holders but not "non-resident" FLA CCW/CHL holders.  You might want to ask in the Missouri home-team forum.  Check here for more details:  handgunlaw.us/  And this, licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html:

QUESTION 4.  I have a Florida Concealed Weapon/Firearm License, but I am not a legal resident of Florida. Can I travel to the states that recognize Florida licenses and still carry a concealed weapon?

Most of the reciprocity states will honor Florida non-resident permits; however, authorities in a number of states have informed us that there are specific provisions in their laws that restrict the terms of their mutual recognition agreements ONLY to the LICENSED RESIDENTS of other states. Therefore, those individuals who hold Florida licenses but who are not residents of Florida cannot carry concealed weapons in these states. Please take careful note of those states listed above that have a reference to Footnote 4 after them.

BE ADVISED: Because gun laws are subject to change or different interpretation by state courts, we recommend that non-resident Florida licensees call or write licensing authorities in the states in which they will be traveling to obtain the latest information on this important topic.

Also, guess who the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Commisioner of Licensing is?  Hint: his signature will be on your CHL license.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI: Michigan honors Florida permits, but not non-resident Florida permits.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the OP is from MS (as am I) and thinking about this route. I was curious as to what kind of handgun training they honor? Would the Sheriff's office be likely to offer something like this, and whose signature would be required to say that I'm "Safe". I've been a 4-H shooting sports competitor as well as a hunter ed teacher so don't doubt that I am just would like to konw whose signature counts?
Thanks
Kael
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
According to the handgun laws site, Mississippi does honor the Florida non-resident
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top